Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my loaded Black SL AWD in So Cal and I love it! :D I am also really happy with the deal I got by accident. I was trying to sell my 2001 Passat so I could get a bigger car to haul my equipment for gigs in a bigger car. For 3 weeks no nibbles on the Passat, but last Tuesday I got 10 emails and three appts. in one night. So I make arrangements to sell it, call cars direct and say I'm ready. Just for a lark I call to the dealer I test drove it at and he tells me that all the Muranos are $1400 of sticker plus discount on options. ($32,451) I call Cars Direct and they tell me not to trust him and I'll get ripped off in the long run.

So... I go down to the dealer with my wife to look at the papers. The Sales manager I talked to is gone and I am now dealing with the night manager. The price hasnt changed, but he tells me that the lease amount was only for previous nissan customer. Now I'm sure this was a line, so I tell him nicely that I'll walk and I expect him to honor the deal. Then he comes back with the papers and with tax the lease price is now up to $525. Now I am pretty mad that the numbers have changed again and calmly tell them that I really want them to honor the deal or I will leave. Eventually he decides to honor the exact deal from the day manager, $487 mo tax included. We then go and sign with the financial manager and he laughs and asks if we are a 'friend' of the owners. He turns the computer around and shows us that the dealership lost $600 on the deal(or at least $600 off of invoice before dealer holdback) . By this point I feel like the end of the movie the Usual Suspects, except in reverse.

None of this would have happened if the day sales manager hadn't gone home early.

Walking onto a lot the last day of the month is a great day to buy a car.

There probably was no conspiracy to jack up the price.

I think the day manager told me about tax and I forgot in the moment.

Since I drove my wife's nissan on the lot he figured that it was mine, and only realized I had not owned one in the credit check.

Overall a pretty good deal by 'accident'

·
Registered
777 Posts
pbaily68 - Congrad's on the good deal, I got about the same discount on the 1st day of the Iraqy war. I think the dealer was worried that sales were going to tank, but I knew our USMC would kick some a$$. :wink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds like a great deal. Is it a lease and what were the details? I put $2500 down had a .023 money rate.

thanks,

paul

·
Registered
6 Posts
2k down, plus free oil changes for life of lease... plus they took my 01 pathfinder in 2 months early off lease... :)

Took me 6 hours to get the deal but was worth it...

Chaz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats,

Sounds like you got a great deal. I would have liked to get the free oil change offer.

p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts