17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
4,601 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet. Thanks Jaak. I'm thinking of tackling the SAT install on mine since there's no way in Hades I'm paying the dealership $600 for a job that shouldn't be that difficult on the 2005 that's prewired to the rear. Two different dealers quoted me 3 hours labor! One of the dealers also told me if I did it myself I'd have a 1 year warranty on the parts, but if they did it, it would fall under the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty since Nissan would've completed the install. Is that bogus?

Based on everything I've read on here, it seems like all I have to do is connect the pre-wired SAT cable under the rear seat to the tuner and run the antenna cable to the tuner and install it in the hidden hatch (don't really want to cut my MO).

I noticed Grubbs has the XM micro antenna vs. the OEM on the link you sent. Is the micro better?

·
4,601 Posts
Yeah, the install is actually pretty easy...

I haven't looked at the specs of the two antennas, but considering where you are, either should work fine.

Unfortunately, I can't look at them right now. If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll take a peek.

It all comes down to antenna gain and pattern, and to some extent, capture area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts