Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what you guys thought.
what sucks is that i don't have any pics, but here goes.

which do you think looks better on the murano the grill guard, which i've only seen the one made by waag, or the standard nudge bar, that looks like an upside down U.

i have a silver MO. so i would like a chrome guard. but the only one i've seen in the chrome is the nudge bar, and i've yet to see a rear bumper guard in chrome. so i was thinking maybe i should just get the waag set, but somehow, it doesn't jump out at me.

what do you guys think?

sorry for the lack of pics. maybe, someone else can help me out?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Quikkik,
I would not put those on Murano. Murano is not really meant to be an off road vehicle. Even just from an aesthetic perspective, it is like adding a grill guard to a sportscar.

·
101 Posts
I live in Chicago and see a lot of SUV's with the whole grill/lamp guard business all around the vehicle. The closest thing we have to off roading here is winter. Plus, you think someone who just spent $50K+ on their shiny new ride is going to take it joyriding into the woods? I also noticed that a lot of those lamp guards are installed with only double-stick tape. How durable or functional is that?

I was thinking of installing the front and rear guards not for off-roading, but for street defense in the urban jungle. Too many people in this city don't know how to parallel park and instead use your bumper to judge distance. I've already got two nasty nicks in my rear bumper from parking-challenged idiots. In fact, I wish I could find a set with spikes on them (the "urban warfare" version) just to get them back.

By the way, I asked the folks at WAAG about the grill and bumper guards they make for the MO. They said the rear is bolt on with no mods, but the front requires that you cut part of the bumper fascia off (underneath) before attaching the bolt-on unit. How much I don't know. Sounds a bit drastic for me. I'm going to wait until another version comes out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The grill guard looks pretty good. I know in Boston they like do the "Boston bump" while parking, so your bumpers can get pretty banged up. Do you know how much the WAAF bumbers are?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no idea

bumperville nyc

i know what you mean about lack or parallel parkers.

thats why i'm looking into it.

not sure how much anything costs, except the nudgebar that nissan offers. its grey, but i was hoping for chrome.

i like chrome :1:

·
101 Posts
To get pricing, WAAG pointed me to: www.latruck.com

I visited the site but found no mention of any add-ons for the Murano so I never found out any prices. Anyone else find prices on the WAAG parts?

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Hey there. I think that I am going to be going this route. I think that its a pretty good defense against the urban morons that cant park. I also was thinking about getting this grille and the roof rack storage system. Sorry about such a bad photoshop, but with the limited images on the MO I did the best I can. What do you all think?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts