Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I'm not a big fan of the chrome grille. The photos of the preproduction copper Murano showed a toned-down finish, but the production units have bright, shiny chromed plastic (my least favorite auto styling gimmick). But, I liked the Murano enough to live with it (until I come up with something better).

I figured painting it body color or shaving the vertical bars then painting are things I could accomplish... but, prefer some objective opinions, so.... (flame away!)

BTW I used pics of the same old copper preproduction unit until I can get properly lit pics of my own Blue one.

Pic#1, painted:

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm, like, this one? I see what you mean..... but the Mitsu WISHED it looked as good as the Murano....

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great work, Turbo!

Did you consider leaving the vertical (water fall) pieces in place and removing the horizontal bars? I am sure that would look really high end... Personally, between the two images, I like the first one better. Maybe it just grew on me ;0)
Just body coloring the existing grille kind of tones down the hashness and makes the Mo look nicer! Nissan, Are we listening yet? ;0):D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank You, TurboD!

That was awfully fast!!! Nice of you to do so:p
This is sharp; I should still say the first one is the best - maybe it's just me? That's one of the reasons I seriously considered special ordering Silver with Latte Leather, although my other car is a silver camry. The silver and the grille blend so well!
I was told it will take 90 days at least for special orders to come thru and I just decieded to stick with my second favorite - White with Latte leather. Just waiting too sell my CR-V and I would be knocking on the CARMAX's door early the next morning:eek: ;)
They are 3 hours away but it is still worth the ride, considering their prices.

Thanks again TurboD!! Have a Good Day!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's a riot

It looks so funny now - Kinda like Leslie Neilson dropped his dentures into the water glass:2: :2: :2:
Good stuff though!!:p Thanks again!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When my wife and I got to the dealer (after reviewing stock at all area dealers via nissanusa website), I was surprised to see the bright chrome. Not what I expected, based on the reviews and photos of the preproduction copper unit. Like yourself, it raised the silver to the top of my preferences, but I knew there were no silver units equipped the way we wanted in our area. I let my wife choose color, and started scheming on how to tone the grille down.

Good luck with your purchase!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, TurboD!

Will keep my eyes open for a "Well lit" blue image and pass it along, should I find one.
Good Luck!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
How 'bout with all the bars removed, BUT put the little grille bullets in the open space, like the Maxima grille. Makes a little bit of a sh!t eatin' grin. Either that or a bad set of dentures :22:

I had the same concern about the boldness of the chrome grille against the darker colors. I agree that silver (or pewter) softens the chrome, but the blue is a great color.

Eagerly waiting for the '04s to hit the lot - I'm looking for a loaded SE w/ Nav.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not to go off on a tangent but...

Per Nissan USA, they'll be available "sometime in Oct". I'd beleive that. But that leaves a window of 31 days:3:
Thankfully, I got a compelling reason to wait, as in, "NEED TO SELL MY CR-V FIRST BEFORE BUYING THE NEXT CAR"...
I will wait till next week to post newspaper ads etc.. Isabel will be past tense by then and interested buyers can come see the vehicle and not be hampered by the weather!! Assuming that it takes a month to sell from the time the ads are posted, I will be ready for the '04s or the '03 leftovers!! Either way is fine by me :p :p
Good Luck with locating the vehicle, MS:)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Actually, I've got some time too. The lease on my current car ('01 Jetta 1.8T) isn't up till mid-November. I'm just jumping out of my skin waiting to get the Murano.

I see you're from NJ. I live in Union County. Plenty of highway dealers to pick from around here!

·
Registered
10 Posts
How cool is that?

Union, huh? I am from Mercer. BTW, I am not sure if we could share dealer experiences here in this forum. Mine was all thru' eMail and phone except for a couple when I really wrung their turnips at the dealerships...
Well, understandably, the answer was NO! and that's why I am still shopping...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
msfiveiron said:
How 'bout with all the bars removed, BUT put the little grille bullets in the open space, like the Maxima grille.
I had to go find a pic of a Maxima grille. Unfortunately, I'm not good enough with photoshop OR body putty to pull that off, so I won't try. I appreciate all the suggestions, though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts