Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I bought my 2009 nissan murano two weeks ago, and then when I accelerate from a full stop like 30 to 40mph car starts making grinding noises underneath. And when I take my foot off from the gas pedal the noise will disappear. When I accelerate it will make a noise for 2 to 3 seconds and then it goes away. Car has 91k thousand miles on it car runs smooth transmission is fine I guess my guess is it could be cv joint or u joint. Any help

Thanks guys please help if you guys know anything. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,290 Posts
Your guesses look like a good place to start, probably easiest for a mechanic to get it on a lift and check them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know that, I thought you guys might have some ideas what it could be.🙏

·
Super Moderator
8,290 Posts
The only things turning under there are the front axles and the driveshaft. I suggest you get under it and have a look. Your reasoning seems sound, so the next step is to have a look.

While you're at it, before you drive it any farther it would be a good idea to check the fluid levels in the transmission and the transfer case. It's a bit tricky to pull the fill plug on the transfer case, but it's not technically difficult. The transfer case holds very little gear oil and is expensive to replace. It's under there too. Search for threads on checking it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I changed the oil two days ago, shop said everything is good, Transmission fluid is good they said. But I'm a little worried that these cars are cvt transmission, hope it's not the Transmission.

·
Super Moderator
8,290 Posts
I changed the oil two days ago, shop said everything is good, Transmission fluid is good they said. But I'm a little worried that these cars are cvt transmission, hope it's not the Transmission.
Did you check the level in the transfer case? Bet you didn't....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would give a good look at the power transfer case. I've owned two Muranos in my time. The first was an 04 SL and the power transfer case went on that in 2014

( My belief is that Muranos are a 10 year car when it comes to major repairs, if you treat them right and keep up with the maintenance, you can still expect a hefty repair bill once every 10 years examples below ) <--- This is not a knock on Muranos...I've owned two and my bet is I may still yet end up owning three before all is said and done.

2004 SL - 2014 power transfer case, then wheel bearing, then sway bar bushings.
2010 S current ride - 2020 - Front and Rear timing covers replaced

1 - 8 of 8 Posts