Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan Canada offers a vinyl nose mask as a Canadian accessory. Seeing as it would be difficult to get this item shipped to the USA, I will place an order with a Canadian dealer for anyone interested in purchasing the hood deflector. I would pick up all the hood deflectors, and I would then ship them out to anyone who would like one.

The best price I could find would be aprox. $87 Cdn or $71 US, including taxes, plus shipping from me to the buyer. Once the shipping costs have been determined, payment can be made to me either via paypal, cheque, or money order.

I will take orders any time from now until the end of the month (30 April 2005).

BTW: I have contacted admin, and he has approved this group buy. The old group buy system is no longer up and running.

Here are some photos of the nose mask:

Edited on 12 April to update details.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Jason,
Can you get the bolt on one like in the last photo?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what hasaanbhutta was saying in this hood deflector thread, it is the same one. Both are the one from Canadian Nissan dealerships.

I can go down to the dealer and take a look / some photos if you would like.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Zoom in on the picture and you can see thru it like Lexan and notice the bolts. It takes a keen eye! I have on my glasses:D

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
That last photo is the EXACT one I have been looking for, LEXAN, not vinyl.
DAD-GUMMIT!

·
Registered
177 Posts
ME TOO!

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Everywhere I have searched for this, when someone posts a pic of that LEXAN deflector, there is a FLOOD of requests of how to get it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, so I went down to my local Nissan dealer and took a look at the hood deflector. It is in fact the plastic one shown in this photo, and clamps onto the hood:

The best price I could get for it was $87.16 Can (about $71.14 US) including taxes. The box is pretty big ... 62.5" x 16.5" x 6" and weighs about 10 lbs. (Weight is just a ballpark figure. I measured the size of the box). If you want shipping esitmates, I can ship however you would like. Here are some links:

Canada Post
Purolator
UPS

For estimating the shipping costs, I am shipping from Brandon, Mb. Postal code: R7B 3E9

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
GREAT!

Thanks for the leg work getting this figured out!

I will get with you!
:D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just be sure to get a shipping esitmate. Because of the size of the box, shipping rates are going to be a little high.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
does it bolt on, or are those anti contact rub thingies?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't forget that the shipping rates are in Canadian dollars.

The deflector clamps onto the hood. There is no drilling or bolting involved at all. The clamps are small, and clamp onto the front edge of the hood.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Great

Gimme a lil bit of time...da Maw is gonna be surprised by a hitch I bought off ebay two days ago....
But I will order, this is a must in my book!
Thanks for the find!
;)

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Is this deflector only available in black??? Is it secure on the Mo, I meant is it theft proof? I really would like to have a white one if possible.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The only color available is black.

It is relatively theft proof. You have to pop the hood in order to unscrew the clamps to remove it. I haven't tried, but I would imagine that it would be quite difficult to rip it off without unscrewing the clamps.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Murano-driver,

Here's the link for clear deflectors.

"deflectors4less.com"

·
Registered
177 Posts
Jason,
Thanx SOOO much for your time and effort!

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
grfg8r,

Thanks for the link. Did anybody try to buy a clear one and painted to mach the color of the car????;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts