Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric Asked If I could possibly document all the changes I made on ModMo before it left the Forum. It inspired an additional thought on my part.

As you all know I have a Phaeton and they have a neto thing on their forum that we all might like.

Here is what it says:

"If you are looking for information about a specific topic, use the search function of your web browser (for example, Internet Explorer) to search this page for words related to what you are looking for. For example, if you want information about XM radio, press "Control + F" on your keyboard, then type in the word 'XM' or the word 'radio'. Your web browser will then search this entire thread (4 posts) for any instance of the term you specify. You can then click on any interesting links you find to go directly to the post.

There are 4 threads in this "table of contents" for the Phaeton forum. They are organized as follows:

First - Pre-purchase information for those readers who are considering buying a Phaeton.
Second - Information that is helpful to the new Phaeton owner during the first few weeks of ownership (commonly asked questions).
Third - Modifications, add-ons, basic troubleshooting of problems, information of interest to Phaeton Service Technicians.
Fourth - Technical reference material."

Maybe, we guided by the moderators might organize our info in such a way. It could greatly reduce the amount of searching to find info. I know we have and index. But for some reason this one seems to be arranged in a very neato way.

Or maybe we all just need to copy our stuff into the headings we have already. Or maybe everyone does this and I am out of the loop and unaware.

Their step by steps with pictures and instructions are really good.

Go here and take a peek.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=112

Just a thought, not a criticism of our arrangement. It might be fun and a working together team effort that would be gooe for the members to learn more about the Mo.

Anyway thanks for the request Eric, I work on it.

·
4,601 Posts
I think that's a fabulous idea, Grip!

I've often thought about how it could be done, but I don't have the bandwidth to pull that stuff together.

I think as a starting point, create a thread for each of those topics in the General area and one of us can make it a Sticky. Then it can be a source, with links to good threads that provide detail on specific topics.

While not as refined, (hey, I tried) the "Murano Safety - Crash Testing and Real Crashes" thread was an attempt to do something in a similar way.

I think the next step would be to turn them into FAQ's to distill info further.

To take it one step further, I think a guide for buying a used Murano would be helpful for those that lust after it, but don't have the coin for a new one. An update from the data that's already there, on what years have what capabilities and what issues to watch for.

Create the threads, we'll make them sticky and we can all pitch in to help.

Maybe since you've already started, we can either refine the titles here, or just make them and if a title needs to be modified as time goes on, just ask a moderator to help.

Fabulous idea!:D

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Great Grip! If you make a post with the mod pictures in it, such as for example like the "how to do your own brakes" post, I would be happy to put them up as stickies.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I start, unfortunately it will be slow.

My current work load has me over the top. Good think all this never occured when I worked, Their would have been just just no time to earn a living.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts