Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I preperation for my JWT CAI that's arriving next week, late last night I hit the local scales and then a nice flat empty half mile long piece of road near San Jose airport to get some baseline numbers. Note these are not *technically* stock, I do have the Kumho STXs in 265/60-18 which are just slightly larger diameter, wider (more drag), and certainly provide greater traction (4wd lock proved unecessary for my slightly brake-torqued launches).

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First off the HP/TQ graph. Look how beautifully flat that is! The top end looks a little spikey, but I think that's due to the CVT dwelling in that range and giving the GTech far to many data points and freaking it out instead of detonation other motor weirdness. While the numbers feel a little low (245BHP - %25 (AWD) = 183HP), at least they are rock solid consistant which will make the difference from the CAI glaringly obvious.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next the RPM vs. time plot. Like to guess the difference between Run 1 and Runs 0 & 2?

Run #1 was with the tranny set to Low. I know people love to say that setting it to Sport or Low kicks them off the line faster, but the end result though is that in Drive the computer allows the motor to spin up to a higher RPM sooner (slipping the torque converter more) which gives a better 0-60 time.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
REALLY ! Neat stuff. GRIP :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lastly time-to-speed numbers all the way up to 100MPH. Anybody remember what those 0-100 numbers were from the Murano vs. FX45 thread? And I'm pretty darn happy with accelerating 4140 lbs to 60MPH in 7.217 seconds, that's faster than the 6-cyl X5, X3, Cayenne, or FX35 :D

·
5,244 Posts
MightyMO,

great stuff! Thanks for posting. At last we have objective data.:6:

Now we have proof what CVT can do.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Cool! Thats the fastest times I've ever seen for a Murano! All on California's 91 octane too! Great to see.

·
4,994 Posts
Would you be willing to set it up so we can download you actual data sheets? Then we can move the index sliders, etc. Would be really appreciated, Thanks Grip :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My web site got absolutely crushed by a posting I made over on /., that's why the charts aren't showing right now. Give it a day or so and it should clear up.

And yes, I can pull out raw excel data of the runs. I'll try to do that later this evening.

·
4,994 Posts
Wonderful. Grip :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's the raw data, make pretty excel graphs and powerpoint presentations to wow your lesser SUV driving friends :D

StockMo.csv

·
4,994 Posts
You are very kind, Thanks GRIP :D :D

·
5,244 Posts
Just an observation:

1. at - 0.66 sec car is traveling at 0 mph
2. at 0 sec - the speed reaches 4.2 mph

Does it mean that to the quoted [email protected] mph we need to add 0.66s? It would mean 0 - 60 [email protected] sec.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It takes a foot and some time to "break the beam" which accounts for that gap. Remember the G-Tech is simulating a drag strip, not a simple stop watch.

·
5,244 Posts
So are we talking about "rolling start"? If so, does it affect 0 - 60 time?

What really is 0 - 60 time? How is it best measured? Is it form car's "first movement" or "pushing gas pedal" or what?

Never really thought about it till now..........

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, I would call a rolling start where you are rolling along at like 5MPH and then punch it.

What I did was a simulation of a drag strip. You place your front tire between two beams 1 foot appart, brake torque the tranny slightly, and when the light turns green you punch it. The clock technically does not start until you break the second beam.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Any word on that pop-charger yet?
Waiting to see results.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No CAI yet, JWT seems to be badly back ordered. Hopefully I'll get it early next week.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts