Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally installed my H&R Springs.
I had it professionally installed so I don't have a tutorial for this project.

The ride quality is smoother than stock. I'd expect it to be bouncy but suprisingly, it's not.

I'll have better pictures soon.

Front Stance

Rear Stance

·
Registered
22 Posts
i wasn't really a fan of mo's dropped but damn that actually looks really sweet! and suits the 22's alot more (more agressive stance but doesn't make it look like a mini van or civic.. which i think some jap incarnations look like)!!

nice work! i take it you kept the stock shocks (struts) in place and only replaced springs? .. where did your source them from?

cheers

mark

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice work! i take it you kept the stock shocks (struts) in place and only replaced springs? .. where did your source them from?

I only replaced the springs. And I purchased them from www.SHOX.com

H&R Springs lowers the Murano 1.5" front and 1.3" back

BEFORE LOWERING

AFTER LOWERING

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
N2MURANOS-

Nice look. Your MO looks good with the lowered stance and the "filled" wheel wells.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
A very nice stance!

I still recommend though, that if lowering, aftermarket struts/shocks be installed at the same time. The stock ones are meant to operate at a certain extension, and a dropped Murano means the shocks are 1.3-1.5" more compressed all the time, limiting their effectiveness. On my Maxima which has H&R springs and KYB AGX struts/shocks, I actually trimmed the rubber bump stops on the rear to give it just a bit more suspension movement (it helped the ride).

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still recommend though, that if lowering, aftermarket struts/shocks be installed at the same time.

I would of, but as you know, there are no aftermarket shocks for the Murano out there. I'm sure there's a bunch in Japan, but it's not worth the expense. In my opinion, a drop 1.3"-1.5" inches doesn't require aftermarket shock.

I can say from my own setup... 22" wheels, 35 series tires and lowering springs..... the ride quality is exceptional!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I still recommend though, that if lowering, aftermarket struts/shocks be installed at the same time.

I would of, but as you know, there are no aftermarket shocks for the Murano out there. I'm sure there's a bunch in Japan, but it's not worth the expense. In my opinion, a drop 1.3"-1.5" inches doesn't require aftermarket shock.

I can say from my own setup... 22" wheels, 35 series tires and lowering springs..... the ride quality is exceptional!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
N2MURANOS said:

KYB GR-2. I know they are not quite performance aftermarket, but its probably better than stock. In either case, enjoy the ride. Looks great with the 22's.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
IMO

Nice Look!
Lower Great!
Fender Gap Wonderful!
Wheels Really nice!

:2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts