Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was free as I have the gold + warranty.

BUT

It took them 3 hours. :rolleyes:
I did a drive by so maybe my experiance could have been better if I would have scheduled it.
I crept around the back of the service department and watched as the slob non english speaking tech changed tracks on the CD and wiped off the screen first with his nasty hand, then with a receipt he spied in the front portion of my console. He turned and saw me then he used the white hand towel I keep in the driver's door pocket to try and clean the screen. He instantly turned off the sound then took the Mo on a high speed run down the lot to the end and back and parked in the service entrance. I did a walk around for any oopsies and took her home. Once I was there I opened the hood to find that the slob dripped oil all over the place!
:cursin:
I cleaned it off with some trich I have around and then noticed the oil on the hood where he closed it. The trail went down my grill and bumper as well.

I suspect they are paying the tech a very low wage as he can not be legal: he tried his best to ask if I wanted the tires rotated with the oil change since they were due in 500 miles. I told him yes only to have the service rep ask me if I wanted it done 30 minutes later.
:rolleyes:
I had to tell the rep to tell the tech to give me back my wheel key.
GEEEZE!
Then I noticed the horror: I had a dent on the top beside the black trim. It was VERY noticeable. I called my rep and told him I was comming back up there to let him see it. Two guys came out and gave me smirks while saying "it has been windy, I don't think that came from here." "Do you know how it got there?"
:cursin:
Actually, I did find one of those pine cones that haven't opened about 8 feet away from her when I was looking at the dent. It has heavy and may have fallen 40 feet.
In the end the rep said that he would detail my Mo and have a paintless dent repair guy take out the dent any time I wanted for free.
I will decline the detail as my level of care far exceeds any care a minimum wage illegal could give my baby. I may pay for the dent repair though--it just may have been the dreaded pine cone who did it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Your dealers level of service is not acceptable. You may want to change dealers. Your description of the service tech also is not acceptable ( slob non english speaking )

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
If you have nav, did you check to make sure they reset your oil change and tire rotation counters? They almost always forget to reset mine, and once when I saw a bunch gathered around the car, I knew they were stumped and walked out into the bay to show them how to do it.

Seriously, though, I know you were in a bad mood and all, but not speaking English is not a bad thing for employees who don't normally face customers, especially for those who do in a large minority community. We are a melting pot after all. But the rest of your description stands -- greasy hands on the screen, the oil mess, forgetting (or outright stealing) the wheel key, possibly taking an American job while being here illegally, contributing to lower average salaries for the legal ones that can find work.. I hear you.

And yes, some things are correctable at a dealer, others are not. This doesn't sound like one of them. Let NNA know when they send you your questionnaire. I had to staple an extra page to my questionnaire (and you know how much that chaps the dealer's, uh, can).

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have NAV but yes, it does display the maint intervals and warnings. He did reset them---that is why he was griming up the display, it was in the sun and dust may have been on it obscuring his vision.
The 30 minute wait for the rep to ask if I wanted the tires rotated was because the tech asked me, I said yes, and apparently he also was trying to tell me to ok it with the service rep. But, I could not understand wtf he was trying to tell me.
I did meet the first tech that changed my oil the first time, he was very neat in appearance, professional, did not spill one single drop and took care to close the hood via the safety loop underneath the front of the hood--a good trick.
When I came up front to go to the register the first time, they had put a gold seal on the paper indicating my warranty. This time there was not one, they were going to charge me till I indicated I had the warranty----the rep had not bothered to look up my status.

Yes, I may have to find another stealer.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The safety loop inside the front hood? What's that? The loop not the hood. :p

·
5,244 Posts
who is your dealer?

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eric, the loop that hangs down which you must press the lever for the latch to release for the hood to come up. It is a safety in case the hood release lever inside is tripped while you are at speed so the hood won't smack ur windshield.

Kris, Gwinnett Place Nissan. I know, I know....I should have shopped more intelligently.

BTW, I decided to check the air pressure in the tires considering the bill says they did that....BRRRRRNT WRONG. If they did, they set the pressure like this, going clockwise around the car:
Rear pass =30.2
Rear driver =29.5
Front driver =30.1
Front pass =30.5 and, 2 wheel holes were scored badly by an impact wrench.

I like to have 32 rear, 34 front. It gives the right squish for my typical loading and not too much latteral roll when I am by myself zoomin through curves or those car shaped pylons on the freeway.
:D

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Oh that thing. As the paint tends to chip away on that part, I coat is with lithium grease to prevent it from rusting, so I guess I won't be grabbing the hook to close the hood.

·
5,244 Posts
I am using Infiniti dealer next door and when I had my last oil change..........I had some doubts after seeing the techician and how he approached the car..............

For MO I used Nissan Mall of Georgia. SO far so good, I mean 3,5 and 7k services. After that I have done everything myself.......I do not know why. I just enjoy it. Strange........:D

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Kris said:
I am using Infiniti dealer next door and when I had my last oil change..........I had some doubts after seeing the techician and how he approached the car..............

For MO I used Nissan Mall of Georgia. SO far so good, I mean 3,5 and 7k services. After that I have done everything myself.......I do not know why. I just enjoy it. Strange........:D
Hey I love working on my own car. Its the satisfaction of knowing it was done right!

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Unfortunately often followed by the despair of rejection when they can't find any service records on the car after 7k miles and you need a fuel filter or head gasket down the road.

I had the trans go out on my Jimmy once on vacation in Florida.. $3k repair. Got home, and during my first oil change, the guy under the floor was like, "holy CRAP your transmission is leaking ALL OVER THE PLACE!" I replied, "that's exactly why I had it done at a GMC dealer and got a warranty. Replace it." They did, and the bill was $0.00. Traded it in a few weeks later for the XTerra with over 49,000 miles still left on the transmission warranty (transferrable or not, the salesman accounted for that in my trade).

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will have to remember that Kris.

Considering that this is a lease, and all service is performed by Nissan (very carefully copying and keeping the records) they won't have a leg to stand on when I turn it in for a new one if they ***** about anything.
Otherwise I would do the maint myself using a torque wrench to tighten the wheels instead of a dang impact wrench.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welp, they fixed the dent. They have a paintless guy in house. When I was yakin with him he told me that they got tired of paying the fees the franchise was charging so they made him a deal and hired him on. He is good. He was fixing a 350Z when I pulled up--it was a new unsold car someone had door dinged the crap out of right on the body line of the door---eewwwww. If you think our Mo's are itchin for a ding, Z's scream for it.
He told me something very heavy hit the top of my Mo, it dented the body line that parallels the black trim. I suspect ricky retardo whacked it with his trusty impact wrench without a socket, you could see a very faint impression of a 3/8" wide object.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Left body panel dent

Someone must have whacked my left front body panel pretty hard. The dent is approx. 2 x 3 inches between the black of the door and the roof rail, on the body panel.

The paint is peeling at the periphery of the dent.

Does anyone know approx. how much this may cost to repair?

Thanks!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts