Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had XM OEM installed 12/04

Had XM installed in my 2004 SE. I went OEM, but talked to 6 Nissan dealers / service managers before I had the install work completed at North Bay Nissan. They had the most experience with installing SAT on Muranos and were the most professional on the phone and answered all my questions. Most dealers had not installed SAT in a Murano. I was concerned that the XM satellite antenna would be really noticeable, but the new kit is very low in profile, almost flat, and is hardly noticeable.

I am amazed at the sound quality of XM with the Bose, and the integration is what I wanted. I did not want to have any other "add on" visual stuff on the dash or console. Wanted to keep it clean and pristine. I think the sound quality is sometimes better than my CDs.

The only complaint I have is that the read out of what is playing on the display screen is short, but you can usually fingure out what the artist and / or song is.

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
How much did you pay for everything? I was thinking to install the satellite, but I am not sure how it will cooperate with the PAC unit for my Ipod.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Murano_driver

It works great on my PAC with XM Roady2 and Ipod. GRIP :D

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Grip, how did you connect the XM? Did you use another connector on the PAC unit? Is possible to control the XM from the steering wheel controls and see station information on the Mo info screen??? Thanks.

·
5,100 Posts
Murano_driver said:
Grip, how did you connect the XM? Did you use another connector on the PAC unit? Is possible to control the XM from the steering wheel controls and see station information on the Mo info screen??? Thanks.
A mini stereo jack into the XM and a double RCA on the other end going into the PAC unit.

It seems to be possible to control the XM from the steering wheel controls but I did not do it. It requires a unit made by PAC that you can read about on their web site.

As far as seeing info on the Mo screen the info is limited to station # as I remember, with the non OEM unit. Even then the Factory unit does not have all the info that is available to the aftermarket unit screen shown on the MO screen. That was one of the reasons I chose to have the non OEM unit as I wanted to see all the info that you can only see on the aftermarket unit screen.

Their are sacrifices either way you go. Some folks like the OEM units for control and others like the portability and transfer capabilities of the aftermarket unit.

Hope this helps a little. GRIP :D

·
4,664 Posts
Had OEM XM installed June 2003, before Nissan released it.

Yes, it's great sound quality, hidden from view and integrates with the Bose controls, so you have presets, channel controls, display controls and steering wheel controls.

·
5,100 Posts
And NO stock ticker among other missing items. GRIP :D.

·
4,664 Posts
Don, I got it to listen to, not watch!

·
5,100 Posts
jaak, Well since I have eyes, I can do both, like an all talk NAV vs a NAV with a screen. GRIP:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts