Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, i just got my mo around a month ago and i love it.
but i was wanting to know which upgrades would increase the handling and/or acceleration of my mo.
i was thinking of lowering it like an 1 1/2", puting bilstien shocks on it, one of my friends said i could put twin turbos in it but , i dont really know how well that would work...please help me anyone

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
mlschamp-

Twin turbos? What makes your friend an expert in modding the MO? Twin turbos would most certainly void your warranty and most likely blow the CVT and/or X-fer case.

It is a nice idea and would probably result in a pretty damn quick MO, but the life of the powertrain would be seriously compromised.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I believe Eibach and H&R make lowering springs for the Murano (although rumor has it Eibach has discontinued it). There are no performance strut/shock applications though - only the KYB GR-2, which is more OEM replacement.

As for power increase, njjoe is correct - the CVT cannot handle it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my friend owns a car shop and he works on imports all the time...but i see what u mean and thanks
he also said u could switch the cvt out...???
sorry about all the dumb questions lol but i need to know before i screw up my mo lol

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
if you want that much power.. your gonna spend alot of money and go through alot of headache

if you want cheep yet noticable power that won't put too much more strain on the murano- try the Z-tube and jwt filter set up. letting the VQ breath better unleashes a furry of hidden sound and increased acceleration.

Click here for picture and video

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
mlschamp said:
my friend owns a car shop and he works on imports all the time...but i see what u mean and thanks
he also said u could switch the cvt out...???
Switch out the CVT? Add twin turbos? Sure, you can do all that. But the question just begs to be asked - What buy a MO in the first place? Is this your daily commuter or a project car?

I am sure with enough work and fabrication you can also drop in a Chevy crate motor, Muncie tranny, Dana rear and be able to smoke the tires at will. However, it that case it will have to be up to your buddy, and not Nissan, to handle the "warranty" work.

Personally, I'd like to see someone put twin-turbos on the MO. I would like to see the power of the VQ unleashed in the MO. And I am curious to see how long the drivetrain handles to added torque.

-njjoe

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Suggestion: Sell MO (I hate saying that) and get a FX45 (I like saying that) and mod the FX. :4:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Gonzo said:
Suggestion: Sell MO (I hate saying that) and get a FX45 (I like saying that) and mod the FX. :4:
Without a doubt, the most intelligent approach.
Even an FX35 would make more sense than the MO.

Homer

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'll do one better. If it is an SUV with real punch you're after, sell the MO and buy a Cayene Turbo. You'll be all set as far as handling and acceleration go.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Shoot, might as well get the Turbo S.

$111,600 is the MSRP. Might get it for $5,000 over invoice.
0-60 in 4.8 seconds.

Nice SUV.

Homer

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
theres no way im going to sell the murano...its to cool lol
well ill prob. just lower it put new rims and paint it...mabye new air filter, new exuast i dunno but yea im just going to forget about making it fas...its already fast enough lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts