Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You all have been very helpful, especially with respect to my questions regarding XM Sat. Radio in an '06 Murano.

So, thanks in advance for helping with my Handsfree speakerphone questions.

Here goes:

I am taking delivery of a 2006 Murano SL at the end of the month. It has the 6 CD changer and a Nisson XM Sat. Radio upgrade. In my current auto, I have a handsfree speakerphone that was put in before bluetooth was available. It is an OEM genuine Nokia speakerphone for my Cingular GSM phone. The mic. is installed on the visor so it works quite well. I will probably need to leave this in the car as I agreed to leave it in and it would not be that easy to remove without leaving scratch marks.

That said, what should be my next steps for the '06 Murano SL?
I asked the Nisson dealler about Bluetooth, and they said they did not know anything.

What do any of you think I should do to get a clean install of a handsfree speakerphone in my new Murano? I prefer not to wear a headset, and I am willing to get a new cell phone, but I'll probably need to stay with Cingular to avoid paying a termination fee. However, if anyone has some good recommendations regarding equipment compatible with Verizon Wireless, I might switch over. We have better coverage with Verizon Wireless where I live, and I'll probably switch in an year anyway.

Any suggestions are appreciated, especially if you've already done this on a current or earlier model Murano.

Thanks,
Alan
[email protected]

·
4,601 Posts
There's lots of aftermarket Bluetooth kits out there...

Things to consider with Bluetooth:

- Your phone is not in a cradle, so you'll end up using the phone holder. So it's not as accessable as regular car kit, which holds the phone for you.

- Bluetooth will consume a bit more battery when turned on, and since your phone is not in a cradle, it won't be getting charged unless you plug it in to something.

- Bluetooth is great when you get in the car, leave the phone in your pocket and someone calls you. Just hit the handsfree answer button!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All of this sounds great. I'll let you know how it works out.

Not sure if the CR-45 holder has a charger input. If it does, that will charge the phone when I'm driving. Also, I think it has an antenna input. Do I need an external antenna on the car? I think I do not need an antenna on the roof of the Murano in the city, but please let me know any advice you might have.

Thanks!

Alan
[email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bluetooth

Blue tooth is great way to go for hands free answering of call when driving. I use a nokia ear piece that works real well and filters out the car background noise that is present when you are just yakking on the cell itself. There are tons of diffferent styles of bluetooth accessories so just type in "bluetooth" in your browser and surf away. There are all sorts of bluetooth car kits that are visor mount, dash mount or consol mount that have a microphone and speaker built in. Check them out.
Cheers

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ive had bluetooth carkits for years now. They are great and I like how you can use them with different models of phones. The cradle car kits generally support one phone only.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Enforcer thats the same blue tooth earpiece i use. Works great for me and is comfortable. I saw an add on TV last night for Oakley sunglasses with a bluetooth earpiece that clips onto it and would make wearing the earpiece more comfortable on the sunny days that require sunglasses. Lots of new product comming out here every week!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts