Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20: :20:

Happy Birthday to my baby MO! Took 'delivery' of her two years ago today. 36587 miles and still going strong.

Hope this doesn't mean we are about to start the terrible twos... :)

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Interesting you posted this just now. Tomorrow is the 2nd birthday of my Murano. 23,000 miles and not without its problems, but still a great car. Need to take it to the dealer sometime to fix the rocking chair drivers seat and get a front brake squeal addressed.

·
4,664 Posts
Mine's now 2 years and in it's 5th month, but was built in October 2002 so I suppose you could say it's in it's 8th month... First two and a half months, it was the showroom queen. (After the Pacific boat ride...)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eric L. said:
Need to take it to the dealer sometime to fix the rocking chair drivers seat and get a front brake squeal addressed.
Ok, so my front brakes have been squealing since she was about 3mths old!!!!! The dealer (and everyone else) says they are fine. Still have 50% left as of 35k miles, it's just how they wore (long commutes each day at high temps causing stop and go...) Only thing that makes it stop is to step down harder!!! :3:

Anyone know if ceramic pads are available for the MO? Wanted to look into that when the rear brakes are ready to replace. Will probably do them all at the same time if I can get ceramic.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eric L. said:
Interesting you posted this just now. Tomorrow is the 2nd birthday of my Murano. 23,000 miles and not without its problems, but still a great car.
And my MO wishes your MO a very happy bday!!! :D

I know, I'm a dork! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I believe that the Murano brake pads ARE ceramic.
I also think that's what makes them squeal.

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The pads are ceramic, but generally ceramic pads are less noisy and dust less than standard semi metallic pads. I believe the noise comes from worn out or improperly installed brake pad shims. The grease on the shims (I usually use the CRC red goo) is probably worn out.

I'm split between having the dealer look at them, or just doing a front brake job with Porterfield pads and new shims (with goo) myself, which would get rid of the noise and improve braking performance.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
The TSB calls for new Pads.
I believe, but don't know, that the new pads are not ceramic.

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
While I am not 100% certain they are ceramic either, the Murano's pads dust far less than any semi metallic pad I've ever used. In fact, I would say brake dust is virtually non existent on the Murano. This coupled with the fact that the factory pads on the 350Z are ceramic based, I assumed the Murano's pads were of a similar compound.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts