Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

The last week or so I've noticed a problem starting the car. It only happens when the engine is warm, for instance when I've run into the store and returned in 10 or 15 minutes. Sometime the engine continues to crank over but not start. If I wait a few minutes it will start after 2 or 3 tries. The first time it happened, I thought that I had flooded the engine, but now I've noticed it happening without even touching the gas pedal. Its going into the shop for the 3500 mile oil change and I'll have it looked at then. Have any of you had a simular problem?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Do a search for "starting problems" on the message board. This problem has been reported by other people here too. It usually happens as you describe, when you try to restart the car when the engine is already warm.

If it happens again, try this - turn the key to "on" but not "start." Wait a few seconds. You will hear the fuel rail prime up, then try to start the car. Its worked for me. The problem is too intermittent for me to demonstrate to my dealer. Happened also on my 97 Maxima, but I always managed to get it started on the second try using the wait a few seconds trick.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
This happened to me once, and never again. At the time though I was too anxious to get the engine started so I did not listen for the fuel priming as Eric L mentioned but I thought I had an issue with the fuel system. Now that I think back, I think it could have also been some sort of an RF interference with the transponder on the key which caused it not to be recognized by the MO. The reason I say that is that I also have my other car's keys with transponder on my key ring. After trying unsuccessfully to start the MO, I used my wife's keys and it started right up, but I had also let it rest a while before the second attempt so I am really not sure if that was it or not. It maybe worthwhile though to try your second set of keys next time to see if it helps.

Edit: After reading the post again, I noticed you mentioned that it only happens when it is warm. The transponder theory is probably not correct then! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts