Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody get the HK Drive + Play for the iPod yet? Wondering how they like it.

Looks like it would work pretty well for me. I'm getting less enthused about other factory iPod adapators as it looks like they just associate preset buttons to playlists, and that's about it. I don't generally use playlists, I tend to just navigate to what I feel like listening to at that point in time. Looks like this would be a pretty good solution, MO has lots of space on the dash to mount the screen, and I'm sure I can find a good place for the controller.

·
Registered
113 Posts
This looks like a winner, I am very interested in it. I would also like to see feedback from the techno wizzes here.

DD

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I have been considering it as well.

If you plan on just purchasing this unit alone, it has a built in FM Modulator that you will need to utilize, which is typically poor sound quality. The best way to get a cleaner sound is with an auxiliary adapter (like the PAC) connected into the H&K inputs.

So if you care about sound, plan on spending another $80 or so.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Sounds like it's a remote control for the Ipod,

Add a PAC to take the output from the HK to the Mo audio system via the radio's SAT input.

I can see the Ipod from it's mount and touch it, to control it, so why bother? Just to hide the Ipod and look at the HK instead?.

I guess I miss the point. (Not that, thats an unusual deal)

·
Registered
93 Posts
just picked it up at CC and it's really a lot nicer than I expected. The color compliments my black leather interior and the bases for the display and control are nice heavy metal. Very solid build.

It does have a 3.5mm connection for direct connect through the PAC and you can hardwire the power on a 12v source so it turns on and off w/ the car. (cigarette lighter adapter included if so desired).

The display is big and bright and the font size is great for driving. Much better than trying to scroll through and read iPod while driving.

The controller takes a little bit of getting used to as it's not quite a scroll but it's pretty close and is easy to navigate with.

I guess the biggest advantage for me over just the PAC is the larger display, the charging and playing w/ one connection and hiding my iPod Video in the glove box w/out having to remember to turn it off or remove it every time I get out of the car.

Worth $200?? To me, yes. Others will certainly disagree but I'm an iPod junkie and this is pretty cool in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I was thinking about getting this.......then again, I am thinking of getting a lot of stuff for my MO.

I just purchased and installed the PAC. I now understand what Gripper was saying in other posts regarding sound quality. Mine sound very bassy - and I don't have a bose system. I even have the bass set to zero. Does the PAC turbo help with this? Is the turbo worth it - to increase sound volume?

Anyway on to the subject....

I think the biggest advantage for the H+K is, if you do not own a ipod, then you can propably purchase one off of ebay with a broken screen for cheap (say $100). You don't really need the screen since this take the place of it. So, for three hundred total (minus PACs), that is a pretty good deal.

Anyway, I love the look of the control. But, I'm a little concerned about the screen where you placed it. First, it looks as if it may interfere with the airbag. Second, it would require you to look away from the road alot - does it?.

Why not mount on dash above screen?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts