Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying buy I cannot disconnect the harness connector to the camshaft position sensor (CPS). I am getting a P0340 and just want to ensure the connection is still good on my 2004 SE.
Car runs smoothly, starts up ok. but there has been a few occasions in the last 3 weeks when the engines just stops while I am driving. Engine restarts itself while the car is still moving when it cuts out by me pushing the gas pedal all the way down... If stalls out when I am idling, the only way it starts up again is "flooring" the gas pedal then turn the key. It starts up roughly but once it gets going it runs fine until the next time it stalls.
P0340 code is for bank A, harder to get to than the CPS on bank B, thats why I am trying to "learn" how to disconnect B first, the easier to access one, before disconnecting the bank A CPS.

Anyways, anyone know how to disconnect it? I want to ask before I break something.

Recently did both front hubs, changed belts and replaced Power steering high pressure hose. Worried that I might have damaged something while working oh the high pressure hose between the engine and the firewall... thus causing the stalls.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have been trying buy I cannot disconnect the harness connector to the camshaft position sensor (CPS). I am getting a P0340 and just want to ensure the connection is still good on my 2004 SE.
Car runs smoothly, starts up ok. but there has been a few occasions in the last 3 weeks when the engines just stops while I am driving. Engine restarts itself while the car is still moving when it cuts out by me pushing the gas pedal all the way down... If stalls out when I am idling, the only way it starts up again is "flooring" the gas pedal then turn the key. It starts up roughly but once it gets going it runs fine until the next time it stalls.
P0340 code is for bank A, harder to get to than the CPS on bank B, thats why I am trying to "learn" how to disconnect B first, the easier to access one, before disconnecting the bank A CPS.

Anyways, anyone know how to disconnect it? I want to ask before I break something.

Recently did both front hubs, changed belts and replaced Power steering high pressure hose. Worried that I might have damaged something while working oh the high pressure hose between the engine and the firewall... thus causing the stalls.
Do you see that lime-green colored piece of plastic on the connector? You don't pinch it like most other locking connectors--you literally have to push that plastic piece down into the connector and that will release the lock and then you can pull the connector off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You may have to use a screwdriver to move it like i did when i did mine recently. The A sensor was stuck and needed a bit of a puch from something harder than a fingernail.

·
Registered
134 Posts

My video on this project covers this:

https://youtu.be/A6nPeRl_510

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
DreamCar5683
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing