Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some kind of sun shield around the Information Display?

Let's face it, it is unusable a large percentage of the time.

One would think that the Nav guys would have come up with something, although I imagine color makes that a bit easier to see.

Homer

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have only noticed the display "washing out" when I have the sunroof panel open.

Hasn't been a problem otherwise.

I suspect that the color does help in this regard.

I'm up to 7,900 miles now.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I haven't noticed any problem with washout of the display screen for the NAV system. The color helps a lot, I think, as do the beveled edges of some of the graphs and the thicker letters for the text. I usually keep it on the map display. I like the pretty colors and the stuff moving all around! :20:

Jeff

·
Registered
149 Posts
The Nav Display has not been a problem for me as well. I use it all the time, and have not noticed any times that I have had difficulty seening the display even with the sunroof shade open.

·
Registered
834 Posts
It's sometimes washed out for me. How about a polarized plastic cover.

·
4,664 Posts
I've not had any problems, so I guess I need to move to Florida as an excuse to experience them. I did notice once when the sun was directly on it, that it was a bit harder to read.

I find the best thing is to keep it nice and clean, and that helps with the contrast.

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
jaak said:
I've not had any problems, so I guess I need to move to Florida as an excuse to experience them. I did notice once when the sun was directly on it, that it was a bit harder to read.

I find the best thing is to keep it nice and clean, and that helps with the contrast.

cmon down jaak...... maybe you can helpme with the SAT install....

although i havent had any problems with my display screen (i keep it -1 from max on the daylight settings, and -5 from max on the nightime settings)

·
4,664 Posts
Plus I don't have time to look at it, as I'm watching out for Moose and dogsled teams and trying not to drive over igloos.

But don't forget the sun never set from May to August and came in at a low angle to hit the display!

Amazing we can have all that with 3-4 million people and be further south than Portland OR. Oh well, Geography was never my strong point.:p

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I have the brightness setting maxed out. Even on the sunniest days I can see the display just fine. My GPS is a Magellan with a color display, I have it situated to the right of the console, on a stalk, at gearshift level. Again, no sun issues. It's a sunless day in Pittsburgh, rain was called for, so I blew the leaves off the 92 Camry. What a difference!!! I didn't realize how quickly I got used to sitting up high. Plus, all those annoying gear changes that I never noticed before...:2:

·
Registered
139 Posts
MVPTFC,

Where did you purchase you Magellan at? My wife and I couldn't justify spending $2000 on a GPS that will stay with the vehicle when we can get one that we can transfer from vehicle to vehicle and not be stuck with Nissan to give up firmware or software updates.
Nothing against the guys that have em'. They are *****in in the dash.
I just have a portable one I use when I fly, I am a private pilot, and we use it when we drive and its a blast. I also have a mount for my mountain bike. So the thing gets used for well more than just ONE application which in my mind makes it worth it.
It got us to the Nissan dealer to buy the Murano!!! ;)

Chez

·
4,664 Posts
I use a Garmin eTrex Legend on the Mountain bike and love it. Navigations pointless where there's no roads.

I used it driving to Maine this summer, in the MO and it worked out well there.

I don't use it day to day, as I generally know where I'm going, and I have a map book that's awesome. However Navigation is a fun toy...

I've got an HP iPAQ with bluetooth, so I want a bluetooth GPS that I can hide inside the dash. No wires and full voice Navigation that way....:D

If the factory Nav was cheaper, I'd want that too! After all, it's nice when you have the volume at 32 and you can still hear the commands....:22:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts