Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried one of those "at home do it yourself dent romoval kits"? I have one ding on the drivers door, and it seems like it's all I see when I look at MO, it sticks right out at me. If so, do they really work, will they leave any kind of residue on the paint, or will they scratch the paint? I would think 20 bucks sure beats a trip to the body shop, but not if I'm gonna do even more damage! Please let me know!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought one of those "Dent Puller" as shown on TV a couple year back. Save your twenty bucks. I tryed it on a couple of dents (on friends cars) don't work.

SuperBlk MO

·
Registered
17 Posts
See if you have a "Dent Wizard" franchise in your area. As long as the paint is not damaged, they can make dings totally dissappear. Have used them many times.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I bought the "Ding King" product - the one on TV that has a bridge device with puller in the middle. It does work to a limited extent, but you have to recognize the limitations. First, you need to recognize that for $20, you can't expect miracles. Second, its not a precise device. In most cases, the results will be the minimization or shrinking of the depth of most dings and some may ALMOST disappear. But you will never get the car back to exactly where it was before - especially if there is a crease in the ding/dent. I've used the ding king on my old Camaro before selling it and it shrunk some dings in the rear quarter panel. I've also used it on the wife's minivan to minimize a shopping cart dent and some door dings. The dings are still there, but now you have to look for them. It helps that the minivan is a burgundy color that hides them well. On a black Murano, the results wouldn't be as good. So the product is helpful, but its not a cure. For that you need a professional.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts