Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I travel frequently and always park at Park & Ride. This time was no difference with one exception. I flew in yesterday night (Atlanta), took the shuttle to the parking lot, told the driver the raw and spot number and………OK we arrived at the parking lot, got close to my MO and the bus stopped. Got off the bus and look at the car………I mean cars………I mean Muranos!

There she was where I left her, except that she had a twin on the right hand side (also SL Goldie!) and “almost” (white SL) a twin on the left hand side……Unusually I did not have a camera with me. Pity. Would have been nice pic…..

Has it happen to you?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Not really.
But I make it happen to others.:D

Homer

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
when i go to the gym there are 2 muranos there. one is silver with chrome rims and the other white. i always try and park next to one or the other so i can strike up a convo with them.

I have a picture of my rendevue with anothe sunlit copper MO...I will post a pic if I remember when I get home.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
ALL the time, happen to me 3+1 times

I parked my murano at airport parking at BWI airport for a couple of days of business trip and there were 3 times when a murano was parked next to mine.

Once, it was the exact same black SL.
Second time, it was a silver SL
And the third time it was a Gold.

When i said 3 "plus one" meaning is i found a murano parked next to mine 3 times and one time i intentionally parked my murano next to another murano. ;). There is apprently the "Band of Brothers" feeling among Mo owners :D

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I agree...there is this guy that I pass almost daily on my way to work that always leans forward towards the windshield and gives me the thumbs up sign as he passes. Another guy (I think its the guy that owns the silver one at my gym) always gives me the peace sign.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Yeah I do try to park next to Muranos if I see them in the lot. However, I find that Murano drivers NEVER wave back when I see them on the road. Maybe its because many are women who don't share the guy-car connection a lot of us do here, but then half of the time the men don't wave back either.

Strangely I get a lot of waves from Ford Explorers. One guy even stopped in the middle of the road while making a turn and yelled out "I like your car!" while holding up traffic.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I've never come out to have another Murano parked next to me - but I have parked next to others. My wife thinks I'm crazy. :8:

·
Registered
424 Posts
A couple of times I've found copper FX's parked next to me. I don't know, must be a copper thing. :17: I get excited when I see another Murano parked far away on it's own. I feel compelled to park next to it. I do park far enough away though that I won't get dinged by them.:)

·
4,664 Posts
I park next to other Muranos to keep the "love" happenin, man...:rolleyes:

I park next to FX's so people can see the Murano really is better looking.:D

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
LOL, you think the Murano's look better too?

I park next to Muranos a lot of the time.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
A couple weeks ago I took the gang out to lunch (funny how we always take the Murano, huh?) and as we were passing across the toll plazas to the George Washington Bridge, I actually crossed in front of another Bordeaux sitting at a light!! That's such a rare event, that we actually pointed at each other's car, probably both saying, "Wow! Another Bordeaux!!" as I passed by. Then, we got to the diner across from CNBC studios, spotted and parked next to a silver Murano. That night, I went out to dinner at Houston's, came out and found another Murano parked next to mine!

They ARE like magnets to one another. Really cool, really fun to drive magnets :2:

·
the rally racing nut
83 Posts
one time we were walking out of home depot and my dad went to a SE AWD (we own an SL) in the same midnight blue. He is struggling to get the doors open and the trunk so we can put our stuff in and I am trying to tell him that its the wrong car when i notice the owner standing 10 feet away watching very worried. We tried to convince him the Mo we drove home in was ours (this time it really was), but he looked terrified.:D

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
seaofdunes said:
one time we were walking out of home depot and my dad went to a SE AWD (we own an SL) in the same midnight blue. He is struggling to get the doors open and the trunk so we can put our stuff in and I am trying to tell him that its the wrong car when i notice the owner standing 10 feet away watching very worried. We tried to convince him the Mo we drove home in was ours (this time it really was), but he looked terrified.:D
Just this past weekend I had finished shopping at Sams Club and almost unlocked the wrong Murano. A black SE had parked two spaces from mine, and in the darkness they looked identical. Needless to say, I think the person parked there on purpose, and I got a kick out of that. My girlfriend didn't understand what the excitement was about, and all I could say was "its a Murano thing" as she rolled her eyes. :D

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
How many folks here have friends/family confuse Lexus RX300/330's for your cars? It took my family quite some time to stop saying, "look they bought your car too!" pointing at an RX. Also, my friends and I had a "guys night out" about a month ago and when heading back to the car one guy tried to call shotgun by running up to the front passenger door...

boy did he give the couple sitting inside the RX330 a heart attack!

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Murano - Rx330

How many folks here have friends/family confuse Lexus RX300/330's for your cars?
Never got this one before.
But it will be nice to know that some people do confuse murano and RX, i sure dont mind. Make nissan looks "luxurious" in a way ;)

·
Registered
844 Posts
I was at traffic light last week and there was a silver one behind me and a copper one to my right. We all gave a high 5 to us all through the sunroof. I am starting to see more and more Mo's on the street looks like the message is getting through.:29:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Nice thing when you can snuggle up to another MO and know they have respect for your doors!
Still some lamos driving around, I came face to face, actually passing each other on a two lane street in a shopping center. The stiff did not even make eye contact. Ahh, he should have bought a Highlander!
Bob1

1 - 17 of 17 Posts