Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a heat wave in Northern California last week, and the first thing that I noticed is the hatch door on my MO acting up.

Could if be the heat expanding some component that is causing this?
Feedback please!!!! Sometimes it would take two to three hard tries before I can get it to close. It looks like something is not latching or catching properly.

Mind you this baby have been in the dealership twice for the same problem. The first time they "oiled something" it should be fine. Then the second time they adjusted something and it was fine till the heat wave struck last week.

My husbands MO does not do that (it's as smooth as silk).

Could it be that it's just my MOs individual personality :(

·
Registered
844 Posts
chita1987usa said:
We had a heat wave in Northern California last week, and the first thing that I noticed is the hatch door on my MO acting up.

Could if be the heat expanding some component that is causing this?
Feedback please!!!! Sometimes it would take two to three hard tries before I can get it to close. It looks like something is not latching or catching properly.

Mind you this baby have been in the dealership twice for the same problem. The first time they "oiled something" it should be fine. Then the second time they adjusted something and it was fine till the heat wave struck last week.

My husbands MO does not do that (it's as smooth as silk).

Could it be that it's just my MOs individual personality :(
I have had no problems with mine and the temperature cycles up here from -30 to +30C. Me thinks you have a Gremlin loose in your MO:werd:

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Are you keeping your MO leveled when you are trying to close hatch??? I had this problem if MO is tilted to either side.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
It is Mo's new warning system for those who forget to take parking brake off before driving.........:D

But seriously, we have had several people complain about this in the past. Personally I don't have any problems with mine but it is possible that the latch hook has moved a bit for some reason. Since you had trouble before perhaps the adjustment they did was barely enough so heat expansion may have moved it out of adjustment but if that is the case, it should be closing fine when it is cold. Testing for that is easy. Try closing the gate early in the morning when it has not heated up yet, and in the afternoon after the MO has been in front of the sun a bit. That will determine if heat is the cause.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I had trouble closing my hatch too. I had to slam it in order to get it to shut all the way. I ended up adjusting the black rubber stoppers that are on the inside of the hatch itself, one on either side. I loosened the nuts on them, tightened the stopper a few turns, and tightened the nuts. It worked for me.

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
I forgot to mention, but after I installed the bumper protector it is very hard to close the hatch. I do not know if you have one, but that may be the thing which cose the problem.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Zebelkhan Ha! Ha!:D You're funny (Yes.. it could be a punishment for driving with my parking brakes on.. if it has something to do with it) But I'll try your suggestion first and see if it works. Keep you posted.

Next step is to see if Jason's idea works. If not, the dealer will have to put up with an irrate customer (since it will be the third time)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Same problem and dealer 'can't' fix

The dealer stated that the car was 'tight' and therefore the hatch couldn't close easily without another window/door open. I asked that they adjust it but they did not. Finally the door popped at a light and with a bunch of items in the back I jumped out and ran around to slam the hatch only to catch the edge of a plastic carrier and put a 3 inch hole in the hatch plastic. As this is a lease I'm carrying the copy of the service ticket where they were supposed to fix this issue in the glove box so when it goes back I'll shove it up the nose of the person doing the turn-in inspection. Nice customer service...

·
Registered
631 Posts
Re: Same problem and dealer 'can't' fix

tigger said:
The dealer stated that the car was 'tight' and therefore the hatch couldn't close easily without another window/door open.
Odd that you should mention that... I have noticed (and this is a pet peeve) that the upper part of the front doors will actually flex when you close the door and the rest of the vehicle is sealed up... the upper corner of the door will actually pop away from the seal (it happens very quickly so you have to watch closely!) and let the air pressure out, it seems.

It just gave me a feeling of cheap constructions vs. a well-built door. The doors are very thin and light and they do flex... bleh, I don't like that in a $35,000 vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts