Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am experiencing a problem with the hatch door to my 2003 Murano. It will currently not open. I have popped the small plastic cover off the inside to look at the release/lock, and it seems to be unlocking, but the hatch will still not open. When the doors are unlocked, trying to open the hatch from the outside, when you pull on the release outside the car, it won't budge, it feels as if it is still locked, etc. When the doors are locked, the release will move freely, but the hatch still does not open. Does anyone have any idea of any possible solutions or to as to what the problem may be. I am at my wits end with this as I don't want to take it to the dealer. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a similar problem with my 2007 base model. My hatch won't open. I have an after market alarm/command start and it has a feature that allows me to "open" the hatch. All it does is the same thing the switch would do when pressed - it triggers the actuator. So I know the actuator works just fine because it opens when I use the button on the remote. But on the hatch itself, it does nothing.

It looks like I need a replacement switch but I'm not sure where I can get one (no, I haven't called Nissan, but I know they will charge through th nose so that's gonna be a last resort). I might instead check the junk yards. I was wondering if anyone here has a fix for this switch or knows the part number for the switch.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
Check Courtesy Nissan parts online and you should be able to find a diagram that has the part number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Pilgrim
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing