Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a interior hatch release button? Is there even one? I cant find one anywhere, and you would think Nissan would have put one in.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
There is an emergency one - its located on the interior of the hatch - you have to pull off a plastic panel to get to it. Quite inconvenient.

·
Registered
424 Posts
That allows you to unlock the hatch if for some reason your remote or door buttons won't unlock it.

Let's say you get carjacked and thrown in the back of the Murano. You decide you'll make a break for it at the next stoplight by opening the hatch from the inside. Ain't gonna happen. There's no way to open the hatch from the inside.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The only way to unlock the hatch from the inside is to hit the door unlock button on either the driver or front passenger armrests. (Think of the hatch door as a "fifth door"). The same buttons also unlock the fuel filler door as there is no remote release button or lever for this either.

·
Registered
86 Posts
CopperKat said:
That allows you to unlock the hatch if for some reason your remote or door buttons won't unlock it.

Let's say you get carjacked and thrown in the back of the Murano. You decide you'll make a break for it at the next stoplight by opening the hatch from the inside. Ain't gonna happen. There's no way to open the hatch from the inside.
But you can open the rear doors... :D

Unless you have one of those pet/cargo area shield/cage, there is no need to have a hatch release INSIDE the car.

I haven't seen one in any SUV and minivans... :8:

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
Even with the PetGuard in place, you can use the levers to drop the back seats and crawl out under the pet guard. It goes from the ceiling to a little below the top of the seat backs, not all the way to the cargo floor.

·
Registered
424 Posts
If you're using the child safety locks, the rear doors won't open from the inside.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I hate when I crawl into the cargo area to go out the back hatch and then I realize I can't because there isn't a release lever.

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
Explorer and Discovery both have rear hatch handles on the inside. I would think all SUvs that can be fitted with third row seats would have them.

And you could always keep snaking to the front doors if the kiddie locks are on the back doors...

·
Registered
792 Posts
Yeah - I didn't think about the 3rd row issue. Maybe it is a requirement of sorts since all the other rows have an exit with the normal doors. I spose in an emegency if you are in the 3rd row - it'd be the fastest way out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts