Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there ANY way to open the hatch from the keyfob on the Murano S?

It reallllly annoys me that we have to use the little button underneath to open the hatch. Carrying groceries or what not... and having to set down whatever to open it.. well.. sucks!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
ZBoy said:
Is there ANY way to open the hatch from the keyfob on the Murano S?

It reallllly annoys me that we have to use the little button underneath to open the hatch. Carrying groceries or what not... and having to set down whatever to open it.. well.. sucks!
No, you have to use your hand to pop the hatch open. The keyfob just unlocks it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Hatch Release on the S

TheGymKid said:

No, you have to use your hand to pop the hatch open. The keyfob just unlocks it.
How about the SLs and SEs? This true with those too? Is it just a keyfob issue or was Nissan just that dumb?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Hatch Release on the S

ZBoy said:

How about the SLs and SEs? This true with those too? Is it just a keyfob issue or was Nissan just that dumb?
Same thing on all the MOs. The hatch is more of a 5th door than a "trunk lid". Your doors don't pop open when you push the button on the FOB, do they? :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hatch Release on the S

special-k said:

Same thing on all the MOs. The hatch is more of a 5th door than a "trunk lid". Your doors don't pop open when you push the button on the FOB, do they? :D
True but my doors also dont open up, and they arent used for cargo...

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Remember, it's a nissan. Not a lexus. Very few SUVs actually have the ability to OPEN the rear hatch with the key fob, and it's usually an added option that you have to pay for. No, the MO does not have that option. It unlocks with the key fob, does not open with the key fob.

Some people appear to be a little too spoiled these days... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Corin said:
Remember, it's a nissan. Not a lexus. Very few SUVs actually have the ability to OPEN the rear hatch with the key fob, and it's usually an added option that you have to pay for. No, the MO does not have that option. It unlocks with the key fob, does not open with the key fob.

Some people appear to be a little too spoiled these days... :rolleyes:
What the heck a Lexus?

Hell most MINIVANS around 20-25k have this feature!!!

I hardly call it lazy, its a simple idea to implement.

But its not a huge complaint. I can live without it, its just kind of stupid, like not having the back glass open either...

oh well.

Oh, by the way my 350Z hatch opens with the Keyfob, which is what made me wonder why the Murano doesnt.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I didn't like the fact the glass didn't go down either when I bought it... after test driving the 4runner where it did. At this point, I haven't thought of it since then. To many other great options for me to complain about the ones it didn't have. By the way, one less thing for me to have to worry about breaking in 10 years from now. (Motor on the rear window).

Also, Nissan calls it a LIFTGATE... not a hatch or trunk. Anyone else ever catch that one? :D

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The automatic opening hatches all eventually fail, leaving you with a heavy rear door that can't support itself.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TheGymKid said:
I didn't like the fact the glass didn't go down either when I bought it... after test driving the 4runner where it did. At this point, I haven't thought of it since then. To many other great options for me to complain about the ones it didn't have. By the way, one less thing for me to have to worry about breaking in 10 years from now. (Motor on the rear window).

Also, Nissan calls it a LIFTGATE... not a hatch or trunk. Anyone else ever catch that one? :D
I never noticed that... but it is true my old 4runner didnt open with the keyfob.

But occasionally we will carry long boards... I think I will get a few straps so we can put em on the roof next time...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eric L. said:
The automatic opening hatches all eventually fail, leaving you with a heavy rear door that can't support itself.
I dont want a fully motorized hatch... just one that opens when I press a button.

right now, if you press the black button, it opens!

And that little black button on the 05s requires no force...

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
ZBoy said:

I dont want a fully motorized hatch... just one that opens when I press a button.

right now, if you press the black button, it opens!

And that little black button on the 05s requires no force...
Ah now that is a good point. On my Maxima, the trunk would also open (but not go up) with the keyfob. Maybe Nissan was too cheap to supply the Murano with the keyfob with the trunk button on it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Eric L. said:

Ah now that is a good point. On my Maxima, the trunk would also open (but not go up) with the keyfob. Maybe Nissan was too cheap to supply the Murano with the keyfob with the trunk button on it.

This is sort of where I was hoping this thread would go. I know it is possible to "learn" a new keyfob...

well if I tough the MO the Zs keyfob would the trunk open I wonder...

maybe I should try and see...

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The 350Z probably has a remote trunk open button in the cabin somewhere (maybe on the door, like my Maxima). The Murano has no such remote switch, so no key fob no matter how its programmed will open the rear hatch.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Eric L. said:
The 350Z probably has a remote trunk open button in the cabin somewhere (maybe on the door, like my Maxima). The Murano has no such remote switch, so no key fob no matter how its programmed will open the rear hatch.
Nope, the Z has the same rubber button as the 05 MOs do.

I was kinda pissed when I found out you couldnt open it from inside either. But at least I had the keyfob.

I think what spoiled me was my old Accord and my wifes 626 (both suck compare to the Z and the MO) both could open the trunk from the keyfob AND inside!

Also, on the 05s its not a manual lever, its an electronic switch. If the keyfob reciever could be programmed to trigger that when a certain button is pushed it should open by itself (not close though, but thats cool).

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
ZBoy said:

Also, on the 05s its not a manual lever, its an electronic switch. If the keyfob reciever could be programmed to trigger that when a certain button is pushed it should open by itself (not close though, but thats cool).
But even so, you'd still have to lift the hatch open. Doesn't really seem to solve your problem, does it? I mean, the only place to grab the hatch is in the handle area anyway, and on the 05 at least the release button is right there at the fingertips, so I fail to see the benefit of a remote release.

If it had a hefty spring or something on it that would cause it to lift on itself, then that makes sense. My wife's Prizm has that for her trunk (manual release lever, but the trunk is light enough to pop all the way up). But then you'd have a hard time closing it.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Wait a minute! If you have so many things in your hand that you cannot press a button and open the gate, will you not have the same problem pushing the button on the key fob?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
zebelkhan said:
Wait a minute! If you have so many things in your hand that you cannot press a button and open the gate, will you not have the same problem pushing the button on the key fob?

No, when we did it with the cars, we just carried the keys in our hand and the stuff in our arms.

·
Registered
758 Posts
rear liftgate

This is funny, I had a vehicle where the rear liftgate would only open with the fob, there was no other means of opening other than from the inside release in the center stack area. Lots of owners complained that there was no rear latch handle. Just funny going from one extreme to the next. Having had a vehicle where I needed the fob to open it all the time to now having one where the fob is not absolutely necessary unless locked, I have to say I don't miss the fob route. It was a real pain digging around for the fob to get the rear "liftgate" open while carrying items from the house to the car. Of course having both options would be great.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: rear liftgate

pcs15394 said:
This is funny, I had a vehicle where the rear liftgate would only open with the fob, there was no other means of opening other than from the inside release in the center stack area. Lots of owners complained that there was no rear latch handle. Just funny going from one extreme to the next. Having had a vehicle where I needed the fob to open it all the time to now having one where the fob is not absolutely necessary unless locked, I have to say I don't miss the fob route. It was a real pain digging around for the fob to get the rear "liftgate" open while carrying items from the house to the car. Of course having both options would be great.
Of course, ONLY being able to use the fob WOULD suck!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts