Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I've had this issue intermittently for a while. I've come across a few others that have had this issue, but I'm curious if perhaps i'm look at a bad crankshaft position sensor. After the car sits for a few days it has a hard time starting. It turns over like normal, just won't fire. I replaced the battery just to be safe, and started putting my foot down on the gas. That got it fired up. Let it run approximately 1 minute.

I tried it a second time, had to put my foot down again. Let it run another minute.

Third time, it started up like normal.

It's got approximately 170k on the clock, so I'm curious if anybody has any thoughts on this one.

Thanks!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Just checking on the basics: do you know if your spark plugs were changed around 100k miles? Engine air filter? Any OBD2 trouble codes?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hey guys,
I've had this issue intermittently for a while. I've come across a few others that have had this issue, but I'm curious if perhaps i'm look at a bad crankshaft position sensor. After the car sits for a few days it has a hard time starting. It turns over like normal, just won't fire. I replaced the battery just to be safe, and started putting my foot down on the gas. That got it fired up. Let it run approximately 1 minute.

I tried it a second time, had to put my foot down again. Let it run another minute.

Third time, it started up like normal.

It's got approximately 170k on the clock, so I'm curious if anybody has any thoughts on this one.

Thanks!
It's hard to say just with that description. Any additional background information you can provide as MuranoSL2003 suggested would be helpful. The foot to the floor starting is a clue though. That's clear-flood mode so the PCM shuts off the fuel injectors during cranking. Did you smell gasoline fumes during these episodes? If you have access to a scan tool that can read live data, it could be helpful to see what fuel trims look like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts