Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:roadtrip: hey I want to buy a Mo soon and I want to hear HONEST reviews from Mo owners or leasees that have had their Mo for 3 months or more. This is just for me to know so I can get a perspective of this car from everyone thats driven it for a while and knows how it drives. Thank you so! plz just fill my email box with your reviews! thanks again! :8:

·
5,268 Posts
4 months, 7k miles. Drove in the city, long haul on highways, in the mountains. Absolutely love it. The only complains so far some rattles. Otherwise very satisfied.
The car exceeded my expectations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the site...I'm already reading the reviews their DAILY (b/c I'm a dork like that ;) . I don't know how long some of these people have had their cars for and sometimes it takes a few months to really get a feel for the car...so I'm hoping that i can get a lot of reviews for the Mo here. thanks for the help though!

·
Windy City MO :)
137 Posts
I've had my Mo since April and I've got 5K miles on her.

So far- No squeaks, no rattles, no problems. Getting 18-20 mpg city and 21-22 highway. :)

It actually drives better now than it did for the first 1k miles. Most likely due to the break-in.

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
three weeks...........

put 500 miles on her...........

ready to go stillen prochargin after 3K on the clocks..........

maybe some better eibach springs, or use SE setup, i dunno.....

will be fun, imo

im also gonna have the SAT (g35) in by the months end.......

yippee (almost as much fun as modding bikes)

-SMS

·
5,268 Posts
esemes

could you translate it to hm ..........English:confused:

it is really hard yaka to try to understand it:D

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Kris said:
esemes

could you translate it to hm ..........English:confused:

it is really hard yaka to try to understand it:D

lol

my apologies.......

"go stillen prochargin" equates to installing the stillen procharger supercharger

"eibach springs" equates to installing better rate springs (or use the stiffer SE oem springs)

"sat g35" refers to the infititi "g35" non prewired sat receiver, which fits the MO perfectly..... (plus the needed harness/cables)

"yippee" is an expression of elation, or happiness....mostly slang...

lol <----no trans needed, IMO (oh boy, more IM-ese)

all in fun K, i hope

sms

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
'sfunny, knew exzacal wht you were talkin bout.

Stillen - ain't nobody cuttin no hole in my hood.

Eibachs - I LIKE the way the springs in my SL are but........
I could be talked into bein the 4th or 5th guy to try a set of gas struts & shocks. But of course I haven't looked and if the stock springs are not progressive...................?

I am still not sold on SAT........but if I do it, I want to take it to the dealer and say do it.
Don't they at least owe us the harness????? installed?

Homer

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
hfelknor said:
'sfunny, knew exzacal wht you were talkin bout.

Stillen - ain't nobody cuttin no hole in my hood.

Eibachs - I LIKE the way the springs in my SL are but........
I could be talked into bein the 4th or 5th guy to try a set of gas struts & shocks. But of course I haven't looked and if the stock springs are not progressive...................?

I am still not sold on SAT........but if I do it, I want to take it to the dealer and say do it.
Don't they at least owe us the harness????? installed?

Homer

NO CUTTY........

JUST BOLTS!!!! (and a few others!!)

i will see about the eibach's (have a friend thasa dealer)

my dealer will have the verdict on the sat mishap by tuesday, i hope (((have told me three times now that they will get me the sat receiver and the harness from grubbs, and give to me for FREE..... then i fill out the new car owner survey!!!!)

oh yeah......... it would be nice indeed!!!

sms

·
Registered
777 Posts
hz - I've owned mine since March & what can I say but, "I just love my MO, SUV &/or car whatever I happen to call it that day!:D

I have 8k miles on "it" & get 18-19 miles per gallon, not great but not bad.

The only 2 small problems that I have & which I aven't even addressed with dealer are:
1) the occassional rattle from my rr window when its down about 1" &
2) the eeeeeeeeekkkkk that I get when I back out or my garage & down my driveway first thing in the mornings.
I keep thinking I will have a real problem & reason to bring my MO to the dealer, but the MO just keeps putting the smile on my face.:D

I still have strangers coming up to me & talking to me about it & telling me how much they like it.
My friends, neighbors & even my 3 sons friends all think it's very :cool:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have had my MO for two months. I have 13,000 miles on it and average around 22.5 MPG. I also have the rattles that most have and since I am in the MO long hours it does get a little irritating I must say. I seem to have the shaking in the steering also. But, for all that I do love to drive my MO.:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
ivnurse said:
I have had my MO for two months. I have 13,000 miles on it and average around 22.5 MPG. I also have the rattles that most have and since I am in the MO long hours it does get a little irritating I must say. I seem to have the shaking in the steering also. But, for all that I do love to drive my MO.:D
13000 miles in two months?!!!!! You really gotta be comfortable in the Mo's seats to do that much driving!:D

·
'03 SE 2WD Cold Pkg, VDC
143 Posts
2WD SE 7,500 miles since May

The MO is great and I am very satisfied. I had some creaking noise from the windows but they have disappeared. I have some brake dust noise from the front brake. MPG is around 20 on mostly freeway driving up and down a large grade to/from work. It is very quiet and handles nicely. Plenty of room in the rear and enough to take a couple buddies and their clubs golfing. Bose Stereo is great. Ventillation is very good and fan is quiet with infinite speeds.

·
4,664 Posts
I've had my Murano since January and I'm just as in love with it now, as I was when I got it. Although, I don't stand in the garage staring at it, as much. Still do on occasion! I still love it!!!!! I've never felt this way about a vehicle before. Must be an illness....

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've had mine since Feb. If I have to complain about SOMETHING, I'll complain about the sunglasses holder -- a little lame. I wish we had an overhead console type of thing for the sunglasses (like the Pathfinder). Although, I must admit, the "storage recesses" on top of the dash are suitably useful for the glasses (and other stuff) on long road trips.

Other than that, I absolutely love it! 12K km (that's about 7K miles) to date.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've had my Murano since Dec 2nd and have just under 15K on the odometer. I love it. Long trips up to the Navajo Reservations, a 2500 mile trip from Phoenix to Reno to Yosemite, Death Valley and back to PHX. Only complaint is that is pulls to the R when braking hard. I don't have the rattles that other folks seem to have. Gas milage is about 17-19 around town and 22+ on the freeway. I've actually had the computer tell me I'm getting 26+ mpg on level freeway. Can't wait till next month when I can stop using the AC and will hopefully see a 2mpg increase. Phoenix is AC use from April to Oct.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had mine since July 03, and went 4K miles so far. I am fascinated by Bart (that's how I call my Mo because it carries a Bart Simpson windows puppet at all times) every single time I drive it. It is both beautiful and technically excellent. And yes, there are days when I catch myself standing in the garage staring at it...
The only real problem I have is the yellowish color of the awfully misplaced fuel tank control lamp. Anyone out there who can tell me how to disassemble the dash and replace the LED with a bright red one?

Lutz

·
Registered
792 Posts
Late January with 10500 miles. It is great. A few issues I don't care for.

Window rattle - I'd like to be able to drive with the window partially down without hearing it make noise.

Gauge Cluster just started making noise.

FM Reception - printed the doc for it to bring in on the next oil change :)

Other then that - we like it. Decent performance for an SUV. Handles nice. Look forward to driving it whenever the wife will let me have the keys :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts