Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test drived a silver SL and love it to death. However, I have yet to see one on the street of Austin. I have seen ads in the local newspaper for two weeks that a dealer has 17 Murano available. Last week was $100 off and this week was $1000 off. What's going on? How about other cities? Are there potential problems? :?:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I live in the Orlando area and have not seen one on the roads yet, but then again I really don't see hardly any Honda Pilots either. I see a tv ad for the Murano about once or twice a week. And when talking to my friends about buying a new car, none of them had any idea what the Murano was.

I think they would be selling better if not for the initial lack of advertising and the pricing. But considering supply and demand, I think the lack of interest will help us future Murano buyers get a decent deal. :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
there's nothing wrong with the muranos. if there is any (i've test drove them twice and didn't see/hear any problems), it's really minor and probably mostly cosmetic. in your city, austin, they are probably giving higher discounts because they have so many on their lot and are trying to get rid of them. it doesn't do them any good if they sit there. :D i live in san jose (ca) and in the bay area i haven't seen a bunch of them on the roads, BUT, i do see them. :D some of the people here on this site, have purchased one up to 2k under MSRP. soooo.......

nissan wants to focus on their flagship cars such as the z and the max. so, their advertising for the murano will be small. to date, they only have 2 different commercials for the murano which i think are too laid back. not very interesting. they call the murano "the urban suv" but in the commercials, my impression of it is the opposite. they should have focused on its quickness and agility, like, showing it whipping through a downtown city enroute to the airport with the cargo full of luggage :D .

·
4,664 Posts
Saw a really dirty black one while driving my spankin' brand new shiny Copper one.... It's funny the double takes and stares...

·
4,664 Posts
Sob sob.. It has dirt on it now! Sob sob :cry:

Hey, that means I can wash it! :D

·
4,664 Posts
Better believe it!!! Nothing worse than using all that dirt to sand the paint, or having a car wash beat it to death. Although there is a "touchless" wash nearby that I'll use in a hurry. It doesn't seem to be bad on vehicles, but doesn't get some of the stubborn dirt, like road tar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts