Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2006_newyork/saturn/prevue/pages/01.htm

There are multiple photos...click next under above link.

I think the concept looks pretty good.

"Saturn PreVue concept:

The PreVue is a three-door, four-wheel-drive crossover. Saturn says in addition to hints at what the Vue might look like, the PreVue is also a look at the design intent for future Saturns. The PreVue is powered by a transverse, twin-turbo version of the Ecotec common-rail diesel. It produces 212 hp and 285 lb-ft of torque, and is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. If the PreVue is an indicator, the next Vue will be a good-looking little ute. It has a low, wide stance and looks sports coupe-like from the side. The 20-inch polished aluminum wheels look fantastic. We can hope something as cool-looking will see production. Inside is all leather and carbon fiber, and designers went with a two-tone look: dark brown on the upper part of the instrument panel and door panels, with light beige lower areas, roof, seats and floors. Two big sunroofs lighten the interior. A console runs along the roof providing storage. The center console houses the gear lever, ringed by brushed stainless steel. The infotainment and heat/vent controls are backlit with turquoise, as is the instrument panel. It all looks terrific"

Attachments

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
SugarRushMurano-

That is a sharp-looking car. A two-door cross-over. I like the look with the front and rear windows rolled down. The absence of the "B"-pillar makes the car look sleek. Body mounted exhaust outlets look good, but I doubt they make it into production. The interior looks pretty slick.

Size-wise, I wonder how it compares to the MO.

I hate to admit it, but I think the Saturn PreVue is a damn fine looking car.

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
This is where age starts to come into the picture.

I would be surprised if 1 in 10 of us older folks like that thing.
It looks like something from Mars Attacks.

Has to be the single ugliest car I have ever seen. INCLUDING the Asstech.

Homer

·
Registered
20 Posts
hfelknor said:
This is where age starts to come into the picture.

I would be surprised if 1 in 10 of us older folks like that thing.
It looks like something from Mars Attacks.

Has to be the single ugliest car I have ever seen. INCLUDING the Asstech.

Homer
:2: That's funny Homer...

I do like that concept and I'm 38... Not appropriate for me with family and kids but I'm sure it can pull followers if properly priced. I guess one of those car that either you love it or hate it...

Cacique

·
5,244 Posts
I am young........in heart....not age...

And I do like this concept car....would I buy one....this is a different question..

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Has some verrrrrry interesting lines.
I'm with Homer on the exhaust--I betcha the factory won't do that.
The current Vues come with an engine made in China (like the Equinox)--scary to say the least. My wife looked at a Vue and was horrified at what little you get for $25k.

·
5,244 Posts
mgthe3 said:
The current Vues come with an engine made in China (like the Equinox)--scary to say the least.
I would be careful with statements like this. I was in GM factory in Shanghai in 1999 during opening. Witnessed first automatic transmission going off the line (have medal to prove..;) ). I have to say they had very good personnel. Well educated. By now they must have ironed out a few small quirks they had. Oh, and they do have GM support from around the world. Soon, Made in China will not be synonym with bad quality.......

It is life and we cannot do much about it. $$$rules. At least here in States.......

·
Registered
324 Posts
mgthe3 said:
The current Vues come with an engine made in China (like the Equinox)--scary to say the least.
I thought I read that the Vue had the Honda V6?

Here was an example I googled....
http://www.saturnfans.com/Cars/Future/poweredbyhonda.shtml

VUE Powered by Honda in 2004
SaturnFans.com • August 27, 2002

More information continues to surface regarding the Honda engine slated for the 2004 Saturn VUE sport utility. The Detroit Free Press reports today that General Motors has reduced the total number of 3.5L DOHC V-6 engines it plans to purchase from Honda. A 5-year technology and component-sharing contract signed between GM and Honda in December 1999.

GM now plans to buy 50,000 Honda V6 engines and transmissions annually in the next five years. As many as 90,000 engines were initially planned to be part of the agreement, said Saturn spokeswoman Sherrie Childers-Arb. The engines will meet California's "ultra-low emission" standards.

"At the time of the agreement we indicated that 90,000 was a maximum number," Childers-Arb said. "We've firmed up our product plans since this was arranged in 1999."

The VUE will be the only Saturn � and only GM vehicle � to use the Honda V6. Honda will also supply 5-speed automatic transmissions to Saturn. The Honda V6 will replace the 3.0L DOHC Opel-derived V6 engine currently used in the VUE. The GM 2.2L DOHC I-4 will continue to power base VUEs.

Honda manufactures the 3.5L V6 at its Anna, OH, manufacturing facility. That particular plant also supplies V6 engines for Honda and Acura cars and trucks. Last month Honda said it would expand the factory's annual capacity to 1.16 million engines from 1.04 million by next year to meet growing U.S. demand for its cars and light trucks. Its not known at this time whether or not the 3.5L V6's power and torque ratings will differ for Saturn. However, Jill Lajdziak, Saturn vice president-sales, service, and marketing, says that the V6 will be "specifically engineered" for Saturn.

The VUE is also expected to get minor interior and exterior updates for the 2004 model year. The 2004 VUE will go on sale next summer.

·
5,244 Posts
I rented Vue recently in San Francisco. And have to say I was pleasantly surprised with its engine. Really nice, smooth, quiet, sophisticated. Like a Honda engine!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Take a look at the 2005 Frankfurt auto show coverage and you will see the exact same concept badged as an Opel.

Production version will have four doors and be toned down a bunch I'm sure. Still pretty cool looking. I say they add suicide doors, lower the ride hight by several inches and compress the overall height by several inches and make this a rally monster.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
The Opel connection is interesting.
(GM Owns Opel).

With this car and with the Solstice/SKY/Opel (Especially the SKY) relationship, it appears that GM might have accidentally stumbled across a marketing plan.
IF Opel was the euro outlet for Saturns, and Saturn was the US outlet for Opels, they just might have a winner. Or two.

Homer

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
the saturn sky and the opel sport roadster are exactly the same cars so is the saturn aura and the opel vectra. it's amazing how many gorgeous european cars there are that we can't have. good thing that gm has realized this with their opel line and started bringing them overseas as saturns. the only thing i would be worried about is overcompetition with other gm products.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Well I'll be 71 in a few day and I love it.

:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts