Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Tomorrow my Mo goes under the knife. I'm having a remote start system installed. I'm using a reputable installer in my area so I hope all goes well. I spoke with my nissan dealer and they use this installer as well. I'm always kinda of leary about having people mess with my car. I will let you know how it goes. I will say, after doing all this research, I have learned a lot about Nissan and adding remote start.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
the remote start is easy to install on a normal remote entry MO. it's just that they hack up your valet key but that's what you gotta do to keep toasty in your MO.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does your rear defogger come on when you do a remote start? I was thinking that would be nice to have. I am having them install and Anti-grind relay so I don't inadvertently try to start it while its running. Anyone ever run into problems with these? Comments?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
the anti grind relay would be smart to have. my mom try starting the mo when it was already running and her excuse was the engine is SOOO quiet which is very true. i havn't tried the rear defogger yet but i assume that what ever settings you leave on when you exit your mo will be the same when you turn it on again the next time. i'll have to try it out later today.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
There is an option to have the rear defogger turned on with the remote start, but no the car will not remember that you had it on after you turn the car off.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I went to pick up my Mo today. It was not ready yet. They are having problems. Which is never good to hear. Apparently, when using the remote start, my mo will try to start but not actually run (sounds like a security issue). The system will then wait several minutes and try to start again and the Mo will start and run on the second try every time. They have been on the phone with the factory about it. I told them to keep it until it is working correctly. I told them I'm more interested in a quality install than a quick turn around. They said it should be ready for tomorrow. They have a good reputation in our area, but I am still getting a sinking feeling in my stomach about the whole thing. :(

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I got the call from the installer this morning. Everything is now working great. The problem was the location they used to get the tach signal. The Remote start company reccomended one location, but it was too weak for the control module. They decided to pick up the tach signal directly from the coil and everything works great.
:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts