Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always thought all cars have that "ticking sound" when you use your turn signal and when your ready to leave your car, the ticking sound will let you know your headlights are on.

I don't hear any ticking sound on my 06 MO. Like a lot of us, most of the time, I forget to return my turn signal back to its original spot.
And when I leave my MO, someone always reminding me of not turning your headlights off.

There is nothing in the manual concerning this issue.:confused:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
There is a ticking sound for the turn signal but it is not very loud and easy to miss. The headlights don't have a warning buzzer but will turn themselves off automatically in 1/2 hour if you leave them on. You can also set them to turn off automatically after 30 second, 1 minute, or two. That setting can be done via the display.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
zebelkhan said:
The headlights don't have a warning buzzer but will turn themselves off automatically in 1/2 hour if you leave them on. You can also set them to turn off automatically after 30 second, 1 minute, or two. That setting can be done via the display.
My 2003 version operates differently.

If the headlight switch is in the "on" position, and the ignition is off...

When I open the door there is a distinct "buzzing/tone" sound that will stop when I turn off the lights.

Z, is the 30 second/1 minute/2 minute option for auto mode?

Or is it for when the lights are left in the "on" position, or both?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Paniolo-

The clicking sound for the turn signal is the quietest I have ever heard on a car. At highway speeds with the radio on it is practically non-existent.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Mr3Putt said:

When I open the door there is a distinct "buzzing/tone" sound that will stop when I turn off the lights.

You know, I always have my lights on auto so I have never heard the buzzer! I guess there IS something new to be learned about the MO, even after nearly two years of owning one!

To answer to your question, I think the timer thing is for auto setting. The power off after 1/2 hour works on all electrical sytems that do not need to be on to maintain memory, headlights and interior lights included.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Mr3Putt said:

The 30s/1m/2m option is only selectable on 04+ models I believe.

The headlight on tone I get is a constant tone that seems to come from the same source as the key in ignition beeping.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Even my good old '92 Jeep Grand Cherokee had a warning signal that went off in the head unit when the turn signal was left on for more than a quarter mile. Nice feature to have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts