Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Headers for MO?

I have had my MO since Dec. of 02 and have never heard anyone talk of them. Probably not worth a production run.
Most people steer clear of major mods such as that due to warranty issues and concern of overloading CVT.
You could maybe have a shop hand-fabricate a set. :rolleyes:
Let us know what you find out. Darrell. :)

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Platinum06 said:
Is there a company that makes quality headers for the '06 MO ?
Not that I am aware of.

Keep in mind that any increase in torque can only hurt the longevity of the CVT (and X-fer case if AWD). I am also sure that the installation of headers would give NISSAN all the ammunition they need to void the powertrain warranty should any problems surface.

Now having said that, it would be interesting to see just how much more power the CVT can handle. Better your MO than mine.

-njjoe

·
Registered
485 Posts
There are Altima headers on the market and they should fit the Mo, possibly with some minor modifications...ymmv.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
MightyMo said:
There are Altima headers on the market and they should fit the Mo, possibly with some minor modifications...ymmv.
I already contacted a company that make Altima headers, and they said they would definately not fit the Murano.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Awww, really? Did they provide any explanation? I think I recall somebody using an Altima 'merge pipe' sucessfully...

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
JWT had this to say:
Hi,

I have an '03 Murano SE AWD, and was wondering if your Altima headers XALT2-HDRV6 would fit it?

Thanks,
Tyler

Dear Tyler,

Thank you for your interest in JWT products. This would most likely not work. We have designed the headers to fit the Altima only and there is a different set for the Maxima. The chassis changes between the models would require changes in the design to keep from hitting anything in the engine bay and /or chassis.

If you have any technical questions please give us a call M-F 8-5 (pst) @ 619-442-0680

Colleen
Sales Support

Jim Wolf Technology, Inc
212 Millar Ave
El Cajon, CA 92020
Tel: 619-442-0680
Fax: 619-579-8160
Hotshot had this to say:

Hi,

I was wondering if your headers for the 2002+ Altima V6 (VQ35) (Part # NS3008) would fit on a 2003/2004 Murano?

Thanks,
Tyler

Hi
Honestly haven't tried the install yet, but I'm sure that they could be made
to fit. Is your murano AWD??

Thanks

John
Hotshot

All these correspondence where sent/received back in July 2004, so things may have changed. I would try Hotshot again given the responses above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts