Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm posting for a friend who has a Nissan Murano. He doesn't have factory HID's but would like to purchase a conversion kit. My question is, what type of headlight bulb is in the Murano? (H1,H3,H4-L,H7,9004,9005,9006,9007, etc).

I apologize if this question has already been asked but I did a quick search and came up empty-handed.

Lush

·
Registered
6 Posts
If my memory serves correct, I believe the headlight bulb is 9007, however, if your friend wants to buy an HID conversion kit he may/will lose the highbeam function of the HID kit. Something he may want to think about. Unless he finds a company that sells a low/high beam conversion kit. Check out www.hidforum.com

PS. One other thing, since he doesnt have factory HID on his murano chances are he has the halogen reflector headlight assembly which will luminate differently as opposed to factory projector lights. Another thing to think about.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I would not recommend an aftermarket halogen to HID kit. I had one for my Maxima and the beam pattern is all wrong. Its bright yes, but it doesn't illuminate the road any better, even after reaiming the assembly.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Try going to Club RSX and search in there for pics. People have put on aftermarket projector housings (similar to the Murano look) and though they are made for halogens, they seemed to perform well in terms of light output.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts