Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Group,
I want to change my aging original OEM Zenon headlights for something brighter, and whiter.
What can you suggest?
I have an '09 LE in Merlot Burgundy.

Thanks!

Irv in Maine, Snowed here a little bit today.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are your zenons the original lights in your Murano? They do lose their brightness after some time. If yours are original, 10 years is a long time. I have a 14 and changed mine last summer and it made a world of differance. Philip's make a good OEM replacement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Should have mentioned prior....Osram make a really bright OEM replacement. Its call the Xenarc night breaker-lazer. I don't have them but I have heard of others that have. Watch when you purchase the lights, there are some copies out there so make sure they check out and are brand name.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should have mentioned prior....Osram make a really bright OEM replacement. Its call the Xenarc night breaker-lazer. I don't have them but I have heard of others that have. Watch when you purchase the lights, there are some copies out there so make sure they check out and are brand name.
Hi SaskyMO - Are those easily replaced in our MO's? (Plug & Play ???).
- Where is a good place to get them?
Are those Xenarc's a true "bright-white" color?
(Whoever thought that Blue tinted lights make good night visibility lights )?
I'd like 6000K/6500K True Bright White light.
Let me know where to find those!

Thank You so much for your info!

Irv in [now] Snowy Maine.....4+ inches and still snowin'

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi iambler...yes they are plug n play. To access the lights you'll have to take off the inner fender panels. Its easy, just 5 or 6 small clips. Careful you dont loose the small buttons though. There are a couple good vids on you tube. The lights are not blue...nice bright white light 7000k.
Amazon has them..bout $45 US each. Our just use google there is a couple more places, maybe find something cheaper near you.
Good luck..!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi iambler...yes they are plug n play. To access the lights you'll have to take off the inner fender panels. Its easy, just 5 or 6 small clips. Careful you dont loose the small buttons though. There are a couple good vids on you tube. The lights are not blue...nice bright white light 7000k.
Amazon has them..bout $45 US each. Our just use google there is a couple more places, maybe find something cheaper near you.
Good luck..!
Hi SaskyMO- Thankx! I'm going online right now to look for these!
Thanks!
Irv in Maine

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good luck..!
Hi [again] SaskyMO- HEY, are those bulbs for Low or High Beams???
The Murano's use two bulbs.

(H-11 for Low Beam / HB-3 for High Beams).

? ? ? ? ? ? !

Don't I need to change both?
…...are these bulbs the High Beam bulbs?

Now I'm confused....

Thanks,

Irv in Maine

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Irv...my bad, I thought you had the HID (Xenon) in already. You are right most mutants have low and high beam. Just the LE's and the platinum have the HID's. Sorry I may have led you astray..!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Irv...my bad, I thought you had the HID (Xenon) in already. You are right most mutants have low and high beam. Just the LE's and the platinum have the HID's. Sorry I may have led you astray..!
-Hi SaskyMO -Well, I DO have a LE model. I went into the owner's manual to look up the bulb numbers.
The vehicle DOES have four headlight bulbs, two low beams, two high beams.
Maybe I don't know what I have?
Irv in Maine

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey irv...sounds like your LE didnt come with HID. If so you are right, 2 high beam ...#9005 and 2 low beam ..#H11. They are halogen bulbs. The diff is, HID's are filled with xenon gas, the halogens are a filament.
Sylvania, also Osram, PIAA and Philips make an upgrade halogen for your rig. I like the sylvania zXe or the PIAA the best. Get all 4, low and high beam, you will notice the diff.
Sorry bout all the confusion ... I think we got er straight now!!
The attached pis is the HID's on my 14 platinum.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey irv...sounds like your LE didnt come with HID. If so you are right, 2 high beam ...#9005 and 2 low beam ..#H11. They are halogen bulbs. The diff is, HID's are filled with xenon gas, the halogens are a filament.
Sylvania, also Osram, PIAA and Philips make an upgrade halogen for your rig. I like the sylvania zXe or the PIAA the best. Get all 4, low and high beam, you will notice the diff.
Sorry bout all the confusion ... I think we got er straight now!!
The attached pis is the HID's on my 14 platinum.
Hi SaskyMO- Ok, Cool now I know what to look for!
Thanks so much for your info on these.
Who knew that headlights would ever become so complicated?
- Nice phot of your '014 Platinum/s headlights!
Have a good rest of the week.

Irv in Maine.....with icicles hangin' off my back roof as I look at the full moon, in my kitchen!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Should have mentioned prio xender discord omegle r....Osram make a really bright OEM replacement. Its call the Xenarc night breaker-lazer. I don't have them but I have heard of others that have. Watch when you purchase the lights, there are some copies out there so make sure they check out and are brand name.
OEM Zenon headlights for something brighter, and whiter.
What can you suggest?
I have an '09 LE in Merlot Burgundy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts