Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the forumn and can't really find an exact topic. Most ppl r upgrading their fogs or to hid. What i am trying to do is just swap out my oem lights for the xenon type look. The factory lights are weak and I am using my high beam when I can just to see better.

Going the cheaper route, are there any recommended solutions to getting better lighting? I am truly an idiot when it comes to cars and don't know much about replacing lights, so please be specific.

Is it as simple as buying better bulbs and swapping them out? Do i have to buy separate bulbs for high vs. low beam (my guess is yes)? I've got to believe that someone else out there has done this w/o going the HID route.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Very easy to swap them out... and its one bulb for both high and low. Take a look at THIS LINK

The MO uses 9007 for the head lights.

I was thinking about doing the same.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gonzo, thanks for the information. What are your thoughts about Hoen (http://www.hoen-usa.com/lowhigh.htm)? Is it really that easy to swap out the bulbs? I've read horror stories about this. It is recommended to swap the bulbs out every year, do you think that this is over kill and really necessary? 90% of my wifes driving is during the day.

How do I know which type of bulb to get or find out which bulb to use (e.g., you said we need 9007)? What is the maximum wattage the oem casing can take in?

Again, thanks for helping this noobie out.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL...I forgot to mention...Nice avitar image. It's very deja vu....

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Coness said:
Gonzo, thanks for the information. What are your thoughts about Hoen (http://www.hoen-usa.com/lowhigh.htm)? Is it really that easy to swap out the bulbs? I've read horror stories about this. It is recommended to swap the bulbs out every year, do you think that this is over kill and really necessary? 90% of my wifes driving is during the day.

How do I know which type of bulb to get or find out which bulb to use (e.g., you said we need 9007)? What is the maximum wattage the oem casing can take in?

Again, thanks for helping this noobie out.
It is pretty easy to swap out the halogen bulb. Dont worry.
I used the HOEN before in my other vehicle and they are pretty good. However, I highly recomend you carry a spare in the MO, just in case the Hoen burnt out when you are dricving in the middle of a snow storm for example.

The max wattage of halogen bulb in the MO is 65/55watt and the type of the bulb is 9007. It is a dual filament bulb, so it has both the low and hi beam in one single bulb.

Whatever you do, just make sure the bulb does not draw more than 65/55watt otherwise you risk burning your wirings in the headlight system! :4:

Also try silvania silverstar. I have heard good things about it too.
You also might want to try PIAA Xtreme White w/XTRA tech. #19617 they are 65/55 watts = 120/110 watts 4000K without pulling more than stock amps.Or StarWhite #13907 65/55 watts = 110/100 watts 3800k from PIAA.com.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts