Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has noticed that the headlights will turn on prematurely like when you are in traffic (10-15 mph) when going under an overpass? It maybe takes 2 or 3 seconds to pass under the bridge and the headlamps come on and then switch right off. I think there should be more of a delay? Has anyone else seen this?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Yes.
My particular problem is when I pull into my garage in the daytime. The lights will come on before I can get the engine trurned off.
I pull into my garage about 2 or 3 times a day.
For that reason, I don't/can't use Auto.

HIDs last many, many, many hours.
Unless you turn them on and off a lot.

I have been told for the last 25 years that Japanese cars are "engineered" better than American cars.

Bullfeathers.

Have to wonder if there is a super secret way to adjust the delay/sensitivity? Maybe with the Consult tool? There certainly is nothing at the driver level that can be done.

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Yes for the reason above, I do not use auto mode. I hear it is bad for the HID's to turn on and off really quickly, when you have tens of thousands of volts running through that ballast, you don't want to have to flick the lights on and off too often.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have the same problem. I switch to auto mode at dusk otherwise I leave then off. The lights seem to be very sensitive accept for in fog. The light would not come on in auto mode so I had to manually turn them on.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
You can adjust the sensitivity using the Consult tool. Three settings but I fear that once you reduce the sensitivity it be not be very useful to turn on.

Here is something they could have over engineered.... you are going under and over pass its dark... why not check system time and if installed GPS to determine time and LAT/LONG then base on/off decissions on that. I just turned on but now its light out again but the sun sets in 15 minutes... I guess I'll just keep them on.

Someone else suggested but I don't remember who, the auto/off switch needs to be reversed to prevent a quick on/off when turning off the lights when passing through the auto position while in dark conditions. I guess they just figured that most people would leave it in auto position.

·
Registered
97 Posts
On my 04 I can change the auto lights sensitivity going the the settings menu on the display screen. No matter what setting used, still have the garage problem. Can't win on this one. I was the person looking at how the wires for the OFF and AUTO settings could be reversed.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I wish Nissan would come out with a fix for reversing the positions of the OFF and AUTO mode...

Being how they warn against turning the HID's off and on quickly, I think they should do something about it.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Dookie said:
I wish Nissan would come out with a fix for reversing the positions of the OFF and AUTO mode...

Being how they warn against turning the HID's off and on quickly, I think they should do something about it.
I actually wish I could disable the auto setting. I turn on my lights well before it gets too dark, so the auto setting is redundant for me.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I agree about the "Auto" position on the stalk knob. It leads to too many on-off-on situations.

Having the headlights sync with the vehicle clock would be great, but I think it's too much engineering. Maybe we'd see this on an Infiniti ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts