Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to change the time of the headlights to shutoff. When I turn off the car and leave it takes a minute for the headlights to shut off. I would like to set it for 15 secs. Thanks

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Thomasfx10-

I have an '05 with the orange display, so I am not sure if my application is the same as yours.

1) With the ignition ON...
2) Press the SETTINGS button 5x to get to the PERSONALIZED SETTINGS menu
3) Toggle the joystick 2x to get to the AUTO HEADLAMP OFF DELAY menu
4) Use the joystick to select OFF, 30,45,60,90,120,150, or 180 seconds (There is no 15 second option on my menu.)
5)Press enter

You're done

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
This option is not available on 03's I believe.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
It is not available for 03's but the dealer could set it for you. I had them set mine...

I think I changed mine to the minium too. What happens if you lock the car with the remote? Same amount of time?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Gonzo said:
I think I changed mine to the minimum too. What happens if you lock the car with the remote? Same amount of time?
On mine, if the delay is set for 30 seconds, the lights go out 30 seconds after the ignition is turned off, regardless of whether or not the remote is used during the 30-second interval. Use of the remote does not affect the interval.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
njjoe said:

On mine, if the delay is set for 30 seconds, the lights go out 30 seconds after the ignition is turned off, regardless of whether or not the remote is used during the 30-second interval. Use of the remote does not affect the interval.

-njjoe
I have mine set at zero seconds so there is no delay. However, at least on mine, the timer does not activate unless ignition switch is turned to off AND drivers door is opened and closed. Otherwise the light stays on.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
zebelkhan-

You're right. It looks like the clock doesn't begin ticking until after the door is closed.

-njjoe

·
Registered
21 Posts
This question may be a little off topic, but.... Can you increase the delay before the headlights turn on in an '05? Everytime I pull into my garage the headlights go on because the garage light is not on.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
jhirsch1 said:
This question may be a little off topic, but.... Can you increase the delay before the headlights turn on in an '05? Everytime I pull into my garage the headlights go on because the garage light is not on.
You can't really change the delay, but you can adjust the auto-on sensitivity. That may do the trick for you depending on how dark your garage is.

If that doesn't work and you are dead-set on finding a solution, try installing a light actuated by a motion detector in your garage.

-njjoe

·
5,244 Posts
bigdongers said:
damn it! another feature we dont get on our Aussie MO's :mad:

Watching the Aussie commercials the Murano was refered to as a "luxury vehicle"......lights auto on/off is pretty much standard feature on all american cars. But not of them have the adjustable lights on/off delays

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
bigdongers said:
damn it! another feature we dont get on our Aussie MO's :mad:
Hey!! Quit complaining. You guys get headlight washers and side-marker lights. :D

-njjoe

·
5,244 Posts
njjoe said:

Hey!! Quit complaining. You guys get headlight washers and side-marker lights. :D

-njjoe
Ye, and they have perfect weather, The XXXX Gold - ;) , VB, the Foster’s, the Aussie Rules, The Leauge, The Super V8’s, The Ashes – Oops! This one are gone…:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts