Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlights (non-HID) seem to be very poor. It seems as if the are not aimed high enough. I can drive around with the high beams on and very few people flash me. I had the dealer adjust them and they still seem poor. Does anyone else find you can overdrive the headlights far too easily? Is there a good replacement bulb that helps? Thanks in advance.

·
My MO's faster than yours
419 Posts
upgrade to HID's

Here's the link: Hid kits

If you've got the money...Get another kit for the fog lights...That should be bright enough for you.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
are these high/low beam kits??

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I have non-HID oem lights and thought the highbeams were too high, and, it is anoying to have the driving lights go off when you flip the highbeams on. I realize from past posts that this is once again the engineers feeling that folks may flip on their highbeams in fog and the driving lights would just make it worse.
On my wife's sentra I just cranked the low beams up and they are far superior to the low beams on the Mo. If I crank up the low beams on the Mo I would be illuminating aircraft when I flipped them to highbeams.....so that kinda sucks.
Wish I had HIDs....

·
4,601 Posts
Me too.... That was the one thing about the SE, that I wanted. But I wasn't going to spend $7,000 to get them. We don't have the option flexibility the US has...:mad:

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
nissanlove said:
are these high/low beam kits??
The non-HID Muranos use 9007 dual filament bulbs. Going with a retrofit HID bulb into the reflector (non-HID) assembly will result in loss of high beam. No way to get around that other than to install the projector HID oem assembly.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I found the same issue with mine... I raised them but found they were too high. I then lowered them and found that it was much better and acceptable. Small turns with the screw driver make a big difference. I know it sounds funny but try to lower them a bit. It helped me however when I replace them I may try SilverStars.

·
5,244 Posts
So the HID do work........:D

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have installed Silverstars on my Mazda, and they do make a good difference. Besides, they are not that expensive so it maybe worthwhile to give them a try first.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
holycrack wrote: My headlights (non-HID) seem to be very poor. It seems as if the are not aimed high enough. I can drive around with the high beams on and very few people flash me. I had the dealer adjust them and they still seem poor. Does anyone else find you can overdrive the headlights far too easily? Is there a good replacement bulb that helps? Thanks in advance
Do a search in this forum.
For as little as $700 dollars, you can retrofit the OEM nissan murano hid system to the non-HID murano.

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1754&highlight=aftermarket+hid

·
Registered
554 Posts
You guys make me glad I got the SE with HID's!!

With respect to the fog lamps, I'd be interested if anyone has found a way to rewire the switch to allow the fogs to come on with the parking lamps and not be restricted to operation only with low beam.

BTW - the reason Nissan (and other auto manufacturers) link the fogs to the low beam only is because there are several states that require this and actually prohibit designs where the fogs can work with the highbeams or on their own. Since manufacturers have to make cars they can sell in any state, they just comply with the most restrictive. Kind of sucks, doesn't it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts