Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the showroom I wanted the car in white, they had a white one but I wanted Platinum with tech package and that one is silver so they had to pull it from there lot and prep it as I waited I had time to really study the white one . Well I never saw a mismatch on a car as bad as the rear plastic bumper and the rear door It was at least 5 shades off . I asked the salesmen and he even said to me they thought it was repaired but after checking it wasn't so maybe a early batch of whites but take a look . Mac

·
Registered
726 Posts
Unlikely to have anything to do with it being white. If dealer is tells tuth, then bumper cover was replaced at factory with different lot or the covers were painted separately from metal body parts. Either way, it was the paint lot or prep that caused the mismatch.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Amen. Not color related. No idea why someone would generalize from one vehicle to all white ones.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unlikely to have anything to do with it being white. If dealer is tells tuth, then bumper cover was replaced at factory with different lot or the covers were painted separately from metal body parts. Either way, it was the paint lot or prep that caused the mismatch.
How would the dealer know if at the factory the bumper was separated. They looked at the sheet from the freight, car came in 3 days ago . no time to fix I just giving a heads up check the color match on the white that's the one I saw. Add I "generalized" Because they are all coming from the same place and built in the last 6 weeks. Mac

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Lots of things happen either on the boat coming over or while in shipment. It's not that unusual for a body part to have a dent and be repaired, although most often that repair would wait until it hits the dealer. This one must likely had some damage to the fascia in shipment and was repaired (badly) when it entered the country.

It's never a bad idea to take good look at a car from all angles, but this isn't anything in the nature of "they are all that way from the factory."

·
Registered
703 Posts
The 2015 are made in the USA!

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Yessir, maybe them hill folks are using them Mooooranos for targit practice as the train goes by......

·
Registered
8 Posts
How would the dealer know if at the factory the bumper was separated. They looked at the sheet from the freight, car came in 3 days ago . no time to fix I just giving a heads up check the color match on the white that's the one I saw. Add I "generalized" Because they are all coming from the same place and built in the last 6 weeks. Mac
The generalization may be true, noticed it on mine today....... going back to the dealer tomorrow for a small tear found on the left rear seat.... updates to follow

·
Registered
8 Posts
Took my 2015 Pearl White Murano to the dealer today...... they were also concerned with the obvious mismatch. How do you compensate for a premium extra cost paint color thats incorrect from the factory?

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Took my 2015 Pearl White Murano to the dealer today...... they were also concerned with the obvious mismatch. How do you compensate for a premium extra cost paint color thats incorrect from the factory?
The dealership should do what it takes to fix it. That may be a complete repaint, because with metallic paints the direction of the spray during application needs to match on all panels. they should be able to get Nissan support for whatever needs to be done.

·
Registered
195 Posts
ugh, frustrating. Hope it's only a few and Nissan steps up to take care of any new owners affected. :/

·
Registered
703 Posts
If this can be any consolation to the OP, when I leased my new 1999 RX300, I did not realized that the front bumper had been repainted until 21/2 years later when I barely touched a car in front of me; no damage to my vehicle except for the paint that peeled off the bumper corners where it flexed a bit. The color match was perfect (a gold color) but it appeared the bumper cover was repainted while in transit after getting damaged, not by my dealer as the original paint was glossy, not even sanded, no wonder the new paint peeled off!

The dealer repainted it to perfection N/C even if it appeared after I hit another car 21/2 years later, now that's good customer service! They let me down on a few other issues as they were considered "normal" by them I'd say they were caused by a bad design to start with but that's another subject, nothing's perfect, not even a Lexus!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts