Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the Standard Equipment list for my 2004 SL under exterior features it mentions it has Dual Heated Mirrors, does anybody know where the switch is to turn them on. I can't find it and I can't find anything in the owners Manual and its just one of those things that I keep forgetting to ask the dealer about. I really could have used them the last couple of days we've had nothing but ice rain:3:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
My 1999 Grand Cherokee has heated mirrors. They turn on when I turn on the rear defroster.

Maybe that's how the Murano's turn on too.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
FlyerNo9 said:
My 1999 Grand Cherokee has heated mirrors. They turn on when I turn on the rear defroster.

Maybe that's how the Murano's turn on too.
Yes, you are spot on!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
631 Posts
I wonder if my SE has them?

Is that standard on all 2004s or just part of a certain package, like leather, which I didn't want?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
631 Posts
Well according to the Nissan web site, on the 05s at least, the heated mirrors are part of the Touring Package... which I don't have because I didn't want leather seats.... oh well. :cursin:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
I wanted VDC. Dealer did not have it in stock, so I went with.............winter package - heated seats, heated mirrors. No regrets so far......:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
631 Posts
Kris said:
I wanted VDC. Dealer did not have it in stock, so I went with.............winter package - heated seats, heated mirrors. No regrets so far......:D
Again... was only available with leather.

I wish more options were available with cloth interior. Some of us don't LIKE leather interiors!! Why should we be punished!!!! Why?!?!? Whyyyyyyyyyy?!?!?!?

:xnuts:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
Feel your pain..........:(
 

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
Joined
·
5,100 Posts
Just beacuse it's fun! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
davers said:
On the Standard Equipment list for my 2004 SL under exterior features it mentions it has Dual Heated Mirrors, does anybody know where the switch is to turn them on. I can't find it and I can't find anything in the owners Manual and its just one of those things that I keep forgetting to ask the dealer about. I really could have used them the last couple of days we've had nothing but ice rain:3:


The heated mirrors come on when the rear defrost is activated.

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,092 Posts
Funny I was just thinking about that the other day... I wish my 03 had them... I could have used them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Its a feature that is rarely used but when you need it you need it. I still remeber chipping off layers of freezing rain with a credit card with my old honda. Heated mirrors/seats are standard in Canada.

:1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Yes, It's true... When you have your rear defroster on it also turns the heat on the mirrors. The only time that I have used it is from my garage at home to the garage at work. When I pull in to the garage, the mirrors fog up !! Unless if I have the mirrors heated. Good Luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
631 Posts
Has anyone considered a mod for those of us without the heated mirrors? Slapping on a set of mirrors either bought from Nissan OEM or e-bay or what-not? I can't imagine it would be that hard, just run the appropriate wiring through the existing channels and tap it in at the appropriate place for the rear defrost switch to activate?

Maybe? Maybe???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,280 Posts
special-k said:
Has anyone considered a mod for those of us without the heated mirrors? Slapping on a set of mirrors either bought from Nissan OEM or e-bay or what-not? I can't imagine it would be that hard, just run the appropriate wiring through the existing channels and tap it in at the appropriate place for the rear defrost switch to activate?

Maybe? Maybe???
You may not even have to run any wiring. I have an 04 without heated seats or heated mirrors but when I was relocating the AWD lock and mirror adjustment switches I realized the car was prewired for heated seats! Had the wire and the connectors right in there but of course no switch. I bet the mirrors are also prewired for the heat.
 

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
Joined
·
5,100 Posts
You only have to buy the actual mirror replacement part not the whole mirror. There are two little connectors sticking out of a hole near the edge of the mrrror portion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
631 Posts
GripperDon said:
You only have to buy the actual mirror replacement part not the whole mirror. There are two little connectors sticking out of a hole near the edge of the mrrror portion.
Good to know! I wonder how much the mirror part with the heating element costs...
 

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
Joined
·
5,100 Posts
Glass $20.63 no heat. $49.60 with heat, list price Nissan
 
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Top