Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't had a chance to verify this, but does the passenger seat have a time-out built into it when the heater is set on high?

My wife claims that it heats up then cools back off after some period of time... On low, it stays on all the time... I can't find anything in the manual other than there is a thermostat in it... That makes sense to me but not the shutting off part.

Also, do you need to me "in" the seat for the heaters to work? Our last car had that "feature" but I don't see anything stating such in the manual.

Thanks again!!

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I'm assuming that there is a thermostat in the seats or quite possibly a timed interval that the seats are on. The seats do turn on and then off and then on again. Either that or my butt is having hot flashes!

Also, the seats will warm up even without a body in them. In the winter, when I go to pick someone up I usually turn the seat on about 10 minutes before I get them, needless to say, they are always thankful!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Mine get's so hot that I've never been able to sit in it for long after it warms up. Even on the low setting, it's pretty toasty, and that's saying something when the temps are -0 F.

·
5,268 Posts
dklanecky1

have you checked the thermostat? There must be something wrong with it............

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
I can stand really high temperatures on my back, but I can't stand to leave the seat on high either. I don't notice it cooling off at any point, it just seems to get hotter and hotter.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I'll add it to the list for the dealer to check on the next visit.

I've thought it wasn't functioning correctly since I first picked it up but winters just ending now..........:D

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have noticed that the heated seats stay on as long as there ris activity on the systems ( as in driving ) but will shut off quite quickly if you are just parked. My guess is it is hooked up the same kind system that turns off any interior lights that have been left on by mistake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts