Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed how their heated-seat switch works? It seems like it would have two lights on it, one for high, one for low heat. But when I switch mine on, only the lower light comes on no matter what position I have it in (high or low).

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think it is only an indicator that the heated seats are on :(

You have to know which way is high and which is low

·
Registered
129 Posts
Have to check but forward is high back is low. I thing both have lights on mine. They sure are nice on cold mornings. this is the first vehicle I have had with auto temperature control but I am very impressed with the intelligence of the system. On hot days it sets cabin recirculation on the air conditioning until it cools down a bit then switches to out side air and also varies the fan speed very well for maximum comfort and minimum noise. In the winter what I really like is it does not start blowing air hard until there is some heat coming off the engine. It will be interesting to see who the system handles -30 but so far it feels pretty good.

Anyone run one last year in the really cold weather?

·
101 Posts
I only wish that the seat heater switches reset themselves when you leave the vehicle (i.e., soft switches). That way, when you come back and don't have that passenger you just dropped off, you're not heating an empty passenger seat. Of course that also means you will have to turn them back on when you get back in. Hey, you can't make everyone happy!:D

·
Registered
834 Posts
Look real close at the switch, there are two lines, one thin, one thick.
The one towards the engine is high heat.

Doombringer said:
Has anyone noticed how their heated-seat switch works? It seems like it would have two lights on it, one for high, one for low heat. But when I switch mine on, only the lower light comes on no matter what position I have it in (high or low).

·
5,268 Posts
dmako,

thanks! never thought about it. It does make a difference when you flip the switch toward the wengine (thicker line). Seat worm up faster and reach higher temperature.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, I know how the switch works, I was just wondering if there are meant to be two lights on them (to indicate which heating is selected, hot or hotter) or if there's just one (to indicate the heat is 'on').

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts