Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I know, I know, pull over
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need someone to straighten me out, because the manual isn't totally clear on this...

It's getting cold outside. If I set my climate control temperature to say, 85 degrees, I would think that the A/C would turn off, but it doesn't. I have to manually press the A/C button to turn it off, and it may just be me, but it doesn't seem to blow as warm air as it does with the A/C on :confused: Does the A/C function dehumidify the air or something to make it seem warmer?

btw, remote start owns on a 40 degree morning :D

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Just because the A/C button is lit does not mean the compressor is engaged. It just means that it is available if conditions warrant.

The A/C will run when the ambient (outside) temp is above or slightly below the selected cabin temp.

The A/C will run as needed to supply dehumidified air. The A/C will run when DEFROST is selected to dehumidify the air going to the defrosters.

-njjoe

·
Registered
374 Posts
The design of the system is such that when you select Auto, by default the A/C is on regardless of inside temp setting. Press the A/C button to turn it off and you are still in Auto mode but without A/C.

Depending on the outside temperature, the A/C will dehumidfy but I think the opposite is true - cooler with dehumidification, warmer without. Think Summer, when it is humid it feels warmer.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Unless you turn it off by pressing the AC switch, the AC always runs in auto mode. However, when it is cold outside, there are situations where the AC will not run - if its colder than 25F I think or if the AC unit itself becomes too cold (to prevent it from freezing up).

During the winter, unless my windows fog up, I usually run the system on auto with AC off.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
TheGymKid said:
I have a question... is the way to turn the unit on , is by hitting Auto? Any other way?
It doesn't have to be Auto to be on. Just press the appropriate buttons to set temp, airflow, AC on or off and, adjust the fan to use it as a "manual" system.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
TheGymKid said:
I have a question... is the way to turn the unit on , is by hitting Auto? Any other way?
If you want full auto... yes otherwise as Eric states you can manually control features. If you have the system turned off and your press the mode button the outside air will flow through with the fan off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts