Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I bought 2007 Murano low mileage around 60k. Car was in perfect condition as far as engine transmission and suspension is concerned. There was no check engine light at all. The only problem I had was heavy fuel consumption, it was giving me around 8Miles per Gallon. I replaced new Bosch plugs, air filter, engine oil and engine filter initially, car got smooth but no better mileage at all. After doing this when I was considering catalytic converters cleaning or fuel injectors change which had approx 1000USD cost including labour, a professional guy at Auto Zone advised to first change PCV valve before making a hefty spend on injectors and catalytic converters. PCV valve was around 9USD and I got it replaced in two hours time. Had to remove plastic and metal sheet under wiper blade arms to make a room to reach to the rear part of tappit cover. Amazingly my car is back to 18miles per gallon without AC and it happned in a short run. Am assuming, more the distance it will cover, better the mileage will be.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts