Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

First post. I ordered my 06 SL FWD Murano a couple of days ago.

They say it can take from 1 week to 3 months. Does anyone know what the average wait is?

I was wondering if there are any ‘must have’ accessories I should think about buying. I’ve heard about a rear bumper protector that’s worth buying and if so, which is the one most use?

Any other info is appreciated.

Thanks for any info!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Where do yo buy a "Morano"

:2:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Re: Where do yo buy a "Morano"

GripperDon said:
It could have been worse, he could have called it a MORONO. :2:

That would be like when Chevy tried to market the NOVA in Spanish-speaking countries before they realized NO VA meant NO GO.

-njjoe

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well excuuuuse me. I see I'm dealing with a real friendly group here.

Let's see, 84 views and no reply's to any of my questions.

But thanks so much for the spelling lesson!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Low n Slow.

Welcome to the forum. This really is a great place to visit and get great information, so I hope you excuse the correction by some of the people. I have seen much worse spelling in here and grammar that would scare most English teachers.

So come back and learn and share.

As to your question, I personally can't answer it since I am leasing a Murano. I know someone here will supply the info for you though!

·
Registered
184 Posts
hi low n slow,
welcome to the club. I too am very new here as well. But I'll try to help you out in anyway I can.
First to answer your bumper protector question. If you are asking about the protection on top of the rear bumper, then don't worry about it. because all the 06 murano sl has it.
now, don't know if you are getting a sun roof or not. but if you are, then get the wind deflector with it. it'll cut down on the wind noise when you are using your sun roof.
Also I've added 2 things so far to my mo. one is tiniting the front windows. gotta have it if you live in texas! second is that I've added the color matching side molding. My previous car didn't have any protection (side molding either), and over 5 years that I owned the thing, I've had 3 dents on the side from other car doors.

p.s. I see the single engine tail dragger on your signature, are you a pilot as well?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Low n Slow-

Welcome to forum.

I apologize for poking fun at the spelling. No harm intended.

I am not sure what the average wait time is for an ordered MO.

-njjoe

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Geez, Lighten up. It was a funny!

Get NAV, Order the Ipod adapter,

FWD is IMO the great idea unless you are truly a off roader.

Chrome wheels,

The wait time will depend on what you ordered and if they want to do a search in country for one already here or truly order from the factory. No way to exactly know so No answer given.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
06murano said:
hi low n slow,
welcome to the club. I too am very new here as well. But I'll try to help you out in anyway I can.
First to answer your bumper protector question. If you are asking about the protection on top of the rear bumper, then don't worry about it. because all the 06 murano sl has it.
now, don't know if you are getting a sun roof or not. but if you are, then get the wind deflector with it. it'll cut down on the wind noise when you are using your sun roof.
Also I've added 2 things so far to my mo. one is tiniting the front windows. gotta have it if you live in texas! second is that I've added the color matching side molding. My previous car didn't have any protection (side molding either), and over 5 years that I owned the thing, I've had 3 dents on the side from other car doors.
p.s. I see the single engine tail dragger on your signature, are you a pilot as well?
Hey 06murano,

I'd like to get the side molding. I assume this a dealer option that can be installed after delivery?

Yes, I drive a 1951 7EC Aeronca Champ. What do you fly and are there many other pilots on the forum?

·
Registered
184 Posts
side molding

no, nissan doesn't make any side molding yet for the murano. i had to order that aftermarket. it was just under $160 total w/ shipping.
if you are interested, here's the web site. remember to have your color code ready when calling:
http://www.dawn-ent.com/molding/pntmld.htm

as far as the pilot question, I'm still a student. have been a student for about 3 years off and on. did most of my flying in cessna 152 and 172's. looks like it'll be a little longer now that i have another toy to play with (my new mo).

·
42 Posts
Side Molding

My local dealer service (Ann Arbor Nissan) offered to install an aftermarket molding for me if I bought it myself (online or aftermarket). He said he'd installed it on a few other MOs and recommended getting one even though the dealreship does not sell it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Low n Slow said:
Hello all,

First post. I ordered my 06 SL FWD Murano a couple of days ago.

They say it can take from 1 week to 3 months. Does anyone know what the average wait is?

I was wondering if there are any ‘must have’ accessories I should think about buying. I’ve heard about a rear bumper protector that’s worth buying and if so, which is the one most use?

Any other info is appreciated.

Thanks for any info!
hopefully you were able to check other dealerships in your area.. when a dealer here told me I had to wait 3 months...i said, "F that!"... I'm not waiting that long.. got the dealer to cancel my retail order and settled on another color w/o NAV from another dealer.. Patience is not one of my strong points..

·
Registered
184 Posts
hey kocioblue mo,
when you say young, does that mean you're still a student pilot as well? or have you gotten your pilot's license. anyways, i do like the flaps on the cessna 150 better than the 152 since it's variable, plus i think you get 40 degrees. the only bad thing is that should have just a bit more power...

·
Registered
113 Posts
On the wait time for an order...

I just had a dealer place an order for my 06 Murano earlier this month. There is a window of opportunity (usually just a few days) each month when a dealer can place an order. When I contacted the dealer and told him what I was wanting on my new MO, he first did a search of inventory in this part of the country to see if there was a vehicle like I wanted already on the lot somewhere. Failing that, he did a search to find out what vehicles were already ordered and in the process of being built and shipped to the US. It's possible that a MO that has been previously ordered could be diverted from one dealership to another before the boat arrives at the US. If that's the case, then your "ordered" MO could get to you in one or several weeks. If the MO that you want isn't in the pipeline or otherwise can't be diverted, then it has to be built from scratch, and that could take approximately three months. They don't know until the manufacturing process is underway exactly how long it will take for the car to get to you. My dealership is estimating that my early March order will arrive sometime around the end of May or early June. I'm counting the days! :2:

·
Registered
243 Posts
accessories I would get or have gotten:
-22 inch chrome wheels (if I decide i want to decreace my fuel economy by maybe 5-10 mpg and lose ride comfort while gaining handling)
-cross bars
-side window deflectors (just the front), sunroof window deflector (not sure about that yet, the sunroof is small as it is)
-if I lived in an urban environment - brush guard, rear bumper bar. IMO those take away from the elegant look of the murano so I would not get it.
-all season floor mats
-cut up some kitchen drawer liner to line your cup holders and area in front of the shifter.. best accessory I have ever done.. I learned that from a honda element forum..

those are my necessities..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Re: Hello all!

NELSON said:

hopefully you were able to check other dealerships in your area.. when a dealer here told me I had to wait 3 months...i said, "F that!"... I'm not waiting that long.. got the dealer to cancel my retail order and settled on another color w/o NAV from another dealer.. Patience is not one of my strong points..

Hi Nelson,
I noticed you have 'WeatherTech Window Deflectors'. I was wondering how well they actually reduce noise and wind?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts