Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just wanted to say hello to everybody.

I'm from Switzerland and will get a new Murano by end of April (hopefully).

I think you have a very cool forum here and therefore I subscribed eventhough there are mainly topics regarding the US.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Welcome aboard, hopefully this forum will give you lots of info:2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
parkgarage_

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your soon-to-be new MO.

I was looking at the Nissan site for the Swiss MO and was surprised to see the US '05 grill and '05 SE wheels on '06 Swiss model. That's odd. It looks like you have one version of the MO that looks very similar to the US '05 SE AWD model (which is the sporty version in the US).

You have the same color options as the US market, with the exception of White. Do the Swiss not like white cars? You also have a choice of two interiors, both leather.

The tires are one size smaller at 225/65R18 as compared to our 235/65TR18. Less potholes?

The Swiss MO has an AWD system called NISSAN "ALL MODE 4x4". I wonder if that is the same system as in the US. I would think so, but it's not called that.

You also have headlight washers and fender-mounted turn signals which are damn nice to have, but unfortunately are not offered in the US. Oh well.

Good luck and enjoy your ride.

-njjoe

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Welcome Aboard

Looking forward to hearing about the differences of your Mo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The MO was introduced in March 05 in Europe and 06 model had only some small modification on the navigation system. It's the same model in whole Europe. It has 300 modifications compared to the US version.

When it comes to colors - white is probably the most hated color, at least in Switzerland. Only company cars have white.

The AWD-system is the same.

The Swiss version is equiped whith all options - the only option you can choose is the color.

The biggest difference is that the Europe version is produced in Japan.

If you want to take a closer look at the European version check the UK-page which is in English (for those that don't understand German):

http://www.nissan.co.uk/

·
Registered
26 Posts
Murano in Switzerland

Was fortunate to have opportunity to spend some time in Switzerland this past summer, on a business trip that also included Prague, CZ and Nice, FR. We flew into Zurich, but then rented a car and spent the majority of our trip in Interlaken and adjacent Alps resort areas around the 3 peaks. Loved every minute of it, and looking for an excuse to spend part of this summer back there again in 2006 (there's about 300 miles of hiking/biking trails I'd love to explore!).

All during the trip, I was thinking about my Murano CVT back in Kansas, and how nice it would have worked in the Alps. We had rented a VW Passat Diesel wagon... nice ... but no Murano!

Mitchell Ummel
www.UmmelGroup.com

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry for that, I was pretty sure having read that the US MO is produced in the US.

I think this is a big plus when it comes to quality as the Japanese production is very accurate.

I don't know all the 300 modifications they have made for EU-Version, but I know for sure what I am missing compared to the US-MO: missing fog lights, missing on-board trip computer, missing bi-zone air condition, missing some horsepower (we only have 234).

·
Registered
23 Posts
parkgarage said:
sorry for that, I was pretty sure having read that the US MO is produced in the US.

I think this is a big plus when it comes to quality as the Japanese production is very accurate.

I don't know all the 300 modifications they have made for EU-Version, but I know for sure what I am missing compared to the US-MO: missing fog lights, missing on-board trip computer, missing bi-zone air condition, missing some horsepower (we only have 234).
hello back from Zug-CH
i've been in CH for a year now, and driving my Canadian version of MO since last july. MO and Alps is a perfect match.
2 weeks ago i learnt about missing fog lights, one got broken - been told by a dealer it'd be a special order, quite a wait, strange cause i thought the pathfinder here has exactly the same fog lights? anyways called a friend in canada and he sent me few fog lights by mail. it seems this is the fastest way to get small spare parts for imported cars around here.
the most inconvinient thing however is a lack of compatibility of the navigation systems in North America and Europe. One cannot just replace the DVD, as apparently there is a different hardware in both versions. quotes to replace navigation system with european version ranged between 3500-6000CHF (1$ = 1.30CHF). settled with portable Navman for 500.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts