Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this site today. The Murano is not yet on general release in the UK, but is expected in March this year with only 1,000 per year...

I am just finalising a deal on a 2005 UK Murano, it is actually quite easy when I say deal as the only option you can choose in the UK is metallic paint or not, the rest is standard!!!!

My wife is in doubt between the blue and the silver, she thinks that the blue will set of the grill, door handles and alloys better...I am trying to stay out of it, but what do you think on here? Blue or silver?

We have had a Nissan Patrol GR SE+ (LWD Auto) for the last three years from new. That was a great experience, expecially to scare people out of the way on the small English country lanes...But it was a bit utilitarian, especially the noisy big diesel engine....

Anyway just wanted to say hello, haven't got one yet, but fingers-crossed we get one of the first UK ones in March...

Regards,

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey there

I 'was' from the UK but moved to Atlanta in Dec 2004.
I am hoping to get mine at the end of Jan 2005

This is a great forum - welcome:2:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Welcome, Hope you get it. It will sure draw aattention. :D

·
5,244 Posts
Wow, we are getting some “Pommies” here…… Great to see more “subjects of Her Majesty" here………….I feel less lonely now…..

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!!
:D

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the fast welcomes! I really had to search for this forum. There is very little world-wide information on this car and this forum never showed up on Google...Today I used Yahoo by mistake and I am glad I did..Great wealth of information....

Though I am aware that the European Murano will be slightly different..I.e. only one trim level, everything standard fully loaded, except for electronic pedal adjustments in the UK (due to the steering wheel being on the wrong side I guess)...

And also there will be quite a different suspension setup, what I have heard more akin to other European cars like Volvo XC90, new X5, new Mercedes M class, VW Toureq and of-course Audi's new Q7...

Appearantly 130 changes and 3000 modifications....

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kris said:
Wow, we are getting some “Pommies” here…… Great to see more “subjects of Her Majesty" here………….I feel less lonely now…..

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!!
:D
Thanks for the welcome, but sorry to disappoint. You are still alone ;-) Although I live in the United Kingdom and even work on Her Majesties Service (I have the brown envelopes to provide it...) I am actually carying a passport issued by the Royal Embassy of the Netherlands....

But to easy the 'pain', my wife who is the main driver and my little girl, they are British (or English as she says...)...

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
dejongj said:
...due to the steering wheel being on the wrong side I guess...
Wait a minute! I thought the steering wheel is on the "right" side over there?? :2:
Welcome! You will love your MO so hope you get it real soon.

·
5,244 Posts
zebelkhan said:

Wait a minute! I thought the steering wheel is on the "right" side over there?? :2:
you are perfectly right, the steering wheel is on the right side....they just drive on the wrong side of the road....:D

·
5,244 Posts
dejongj said:

Thanks for the welcome, but sorry to disappoint. You are still alone ;-) Although I live in the United Kingdom and even work on Her Majesties Service (I have the brown envelopes to provide it...) I am actually carying a passport issued by the Royal Embassy of the Netherlands....

But to easy the 'pain', my wife who is the main driver and my little girl, they are British (or English as she says...)...
You did not disappoint me. I am not British either. Just happens that one of my passports says “subject of Her Majesty……”…….

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Excellent, there is a sense of humour!

Just be careful, as most people's right arm is stronger and better developed, driving on the left allows me to have my sword in my right arm (the strong one remember...) and out of the window! Just like my great-great-great-grand-father did on his horse and carriage...

Can't wait, for the car to arrive...First time I am buying a car without a test-drive, a trip to the US is a little to far and of-course the suspension setup is different....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hoi, de Jong

Welkom.

Let us know when you get your Mo!

Tot Ziens!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hallo Bordeaux! Nice to see basic Dutch there as well! Do you have Dutch heritage?

I am awaiting a phone call tomorrow regarding delivery dates etc. The cars for the UK are not on Nissan's system yet which is a bit concerning. My current Nissan Patrol was build to order, but I understand these are comming from Japan by boat to Amsterdam (Netherlands) and then are shipped to the UK.

The dealers are being a bit of a pain, we really want a blue one, but they want us to place an order first, yet they can't confirm they can deliver a blue one!?? This is a bit silly as there is only one batch coming to the UK this year....

Ah well, exciting week next week...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to the forum! On the colors question—blue is dark and dressy and shows off the trim beautifully; dark blue and black are just very classy. Silver is also sleek, keeps a cleaner look, and very popular. With only 1000 MOs in the UK, won't access to service and parts be difficult? Tell us what you decide to get. MOJoe

·
Registered
74 Posts
That really sucks if you can't pick the color out on order. Especially since all cars are the same there, except color. Are the same colors available there as in the USA? Once in a while you see a different selection of colors.

I'd love to see pics when you finally get one.

I'm not Dutch or you would have heard a lot more Dutch, but I married a Dutch guy =)~

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
dejongj ~

I know the UK has different standards that they use to judge towing capacity. I'm curious as to whether the UK version of the Murano has a higher capacity? Do you happen to know what it is?

(yeah, I could look it up myself, but I'm too lazy and it's so much easier just to ask...) :p

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@corin:

Unfortunately those details are not out yet...As I don't have to tow anything I am not that worried personally...The main difference will be that it is calculated in Kilograms ;-) and has something to do with the weight of the car towing and is dependent also on whether the trailer is braked or not, but most importantly dependent on the type of driving license one holds...

A standard driving license is allowed upto 3500Kg which equates I think to 7777 lb (if an lb is .45 of a Kg, or 450 grams if it is the same as the british lb, a Dutch one is 500 grams which makes it a bit complex...)...

My Nissan Patrol is allowed the maximum weight....

·
4,994 Posts
And over on this side of the pond it is 453.59 Grams to the Pound. For 3500 lbs. thats 1587.56 kilos.

·
4,601 Posts
Look at all the fun stuff I miss when my PC explodes....

Welcome to the forum!!!

As far as the Brits driving on the correct side of the road and the rest of us on the wrong side, I must admit it felt more natural to me when I was driving there.

I also love roundabouts and people that know to get the heck out of the passing lane when you're not.

Haven't been since '85, so it's time to go back and see the ancestors again. My wife and I are trying to schedule a trip to the UK and Germany. Yeah, I married the enemy.:D

The silver's nice, and you'll find it's very popular. If you want a Murano that looks a little different than most of what you'll see in a couple of years, get the Blue. It's nice too... They're all nice!

·
136 Posts
I had told my mother who lives in London that I had bought a Murano and of course she had never heard of it. One phone call later and she had tried to describe this Nissan to my cousin who then ran and grabbed a UK auto Mag "these cost 30K pounds"(Current conversion rate is somewhere north of $1.80). I guess they are selling only loaded versions there but it still sounds pricey. Probably includes that 17.5% VAT tax they have.

PS I live in Florida, I could not afford a British Murano and I'm not going back!!!:D

·
4,994 Posts
JAAK Ah! "surrender" is great, bet you both won,

1 - 20 of 37 Posts