Nissan Murano Forum banner

How much are you willing to spend to upgrade your Murano?

• I like it the way it is

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Spend a few hundred dollars

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Willing to spend a few thousand

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • No Limit. Their is no price on happiness

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to thank those of you who have posted about their Murano here. I am new to this site (obviously) and I'm so very glad I found it. I've been getting some modifications on my Murano, just stereo so far and when its done I'll try to post some pictures. I know one of the biggest issues is replacing the HU and a local stereo store had an ideal and will roll with it and hopefully I will see the results today. I am also glad to have found out that I'm not the only one experiencing noises from my window. That info helped a lot and I will go through a friend who is a Nissan Service Manager to hopefully get that fixed.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Audio updates

As I've said before, I'm waiting for pacaudio.com to release their aux audio input adapter for those of us with unused satellite radio connectors on the '03 models. My plan is to assemble a tiny dc-powered PC based on the PC/104 form factor with a 60GB laptop hdd serving mp3 audio. There is a (now aging) project called CAJUN that runs in perl in Linux and is designed to have human interaction via menus.

If the pacaudio kit sends head unit keypresses (seek/tune, preset 1-6) out to the pc and also displays text on screen received via serial, then I'll be able to navigate the CAJUN menus to browse by artist, genre, album, stored playlists, or drill right down into the raw stored music using keypresses coming right from the head unit, with displays appearing natively on the screen.

It'll be pretty darn cool if the pacaudio kit does 2-way serial text using the head unit's keys and the built-in screen.

·
4,664 Posts
Sigh, theory has it I can do what the Pac audio unit does, I just haven't been able to get out there and hook it up... The thing's sitting here on my desk, with the main components of the serial interface, waiting for me to get out there...

Once the stuff on the left is doing it's thing, the stuff on the right will convert the audio levels... Part of me is hoping PAC audio will release theirs, and then I can just hack it. Less soldering.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
If someone came out with a way to use the SAT input as an AUX in for an MP3 player, I'd be all over it. I've been looking at the Garmin iQue 3600 for NAV and if I could run its MP3 stereo out into the Bose system, I'd be one happy clam.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found some interesting links for a MP3 Player supposedly made to work with Nissan Muranos

http://www.phatnoise.com/products/digitalmediaplayers/nissan.php

Or using a device called the Auido bug that allows you to transmit using FM frequencies, but I'm sure there are lots of MP3 devices that allow you to use FM frequencies or the tape deck no?

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, the Phatnoise box should work well. I know one person who's running it on a G35. They have software to emulate both a Sat receiver or an external CD changer. However, it's pricey.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another idea I have, seeing how I have new stereo system, is using a DVD player or changer on others case. Does anyone out there have a DVD player attached and have you tried using MP3 recorded on a DVD-R or RW? Theorectically most DVD players can play those formats and DVD-R/RW can hold up to 4GB of data. Cheaper altermative? other then for the DVD player. I'll let you guys know unless somebody else has tried this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts