Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys (and gals).
Hope to buy a Murano in the next few weeks.
Will probably buy in SC even tho I am from FL.
Local dealers still scalping about $2000 over MSRP.
Will go to CarMax in SC and get for +$2000 off of list.

Went to the local guy the other day and talked and talked and took a test drive.
Was also there to check on a 2004 Quest.
We have a van now. 97 Chrysler T&C. Looked like the Quest would make a great replacement, but was curious about the Murano.
Looked at it, drove it.........and you know the rest.
I have to have this car.

BUT the dealer tells me that I can't get the Sunlit Copper with a light colored interior like Cafe Latte.
Is this true?

Don't wish to get in an argument about personal preferences so lets just say that I won't buy it with the burgandy or black interior.

Am I going to have to go to my second choice (Pewter)?

Homer

·
Registered
834 Posts
He is right, the selection guide shows for copper:

Cabernet leather, charcoal cloth, and charcoal leather.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot guys.
I know the dealer is supposed to know.......and the fellow was quite knowledgable (He has one), but it just didn't make sense.
A letter has been dispatched to Nissan USA concerning this.
Don't expect to get it changed, but maybe for the 03s.
At least it will give me some idea of the response from Nissan.

Sent it last night. No response yet.

Don't like the color choices. No red?
But I love the car. So, I guess I'll look at the pewter.
Very disappointed tho.

Again, thanks.

Homer

·
Registered
65 Posts
hfelknor said:
...Don't wish to get in an argument about personal preferences so lets just say that I won't buy it with the burgandy or black interior.
Am I going to have to go to my second choice (Pewter)?
Homer
You probably meant interior? The burgundy or "deep bordeaux" is not an interior option. It is rumored they will be having some different combos in 04' so you may still be in luck (or consider after-market leather?)

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, of course Bordeaux is not an interior option.

I was referring to the Cabernet which IS an option with Copper according to the Nissan USA web site.

BTW, Nissan USA hasn't changed.
They never answered any of my questions. They never even sent me a form response telling me to buzz off.

I hate buying a good car from a bad company.

When I owned Datsuns back in the day, they were totaly unresponsice back then too.

Homer

·
Registered
278 Posts
Weird colour combos

Yes, they do have some bizarre colour combinations, not to mention some odd colours (copper and bordeaux, for example). The cabernet interior in leather is much nicer than in cloth, but why no cafe latte on some common exterior colours?

Maybe when the annual sales volume increases, they can justify greater assortments.

Another odd combo is blue/cafe latter (cloth) or blue/black (leather). No other combos for blue.

In Canada, that means that a blue SL (not available at all in 03) is going to be available only with the spilled milk interior, while a blue SE is only available with black leather.

Makes it very hard to come up with a colour combo that satisfies!

As to why no red, maybe copper was the "red" market substitute. Red car just fade and get tickets anyway. Better to leave red for ordinary cars.

Has anyone else noticed (or share this opinion) that the distinctive styling of the vehicle speaks more loudly in the quieter colours (silver, pewter, black, blue, white)?

Vehicle that stands out in a colour that also stands out is like ... too much or something. "Hey, we would have noticed how nice that car is, but the loud colour got in the way."

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In general agreement.
We are allowed to dissent on this forum tho, right? ;>)

I like certain exterior colors just the way they are.
But I am a firm believer that "character" lines only really show up on darker colors not including black.
For instance one of the things I really like about the copper is it really shows off every character line.
White, which I have owned before (92 Taurus SHO), does not.
But white A- doesn't show dust, and it really is cooler in hot weather.
Black, with about 5 coats of Zaino (Been using for years) just gleams like a black mirror.

Thats one of the reasons that I will go with Pewter (My #2 choice) over Silver (My #3 choice).
Darlk Blue shows off the lines quite well too, but it too, like the black, is just too hot for FL, IMO.

Red hasn't faded in years IMO. Ever since they went to the clearcoat, which I "assume" that Nissan uses.

What is this spilt milk? Seen it mentioned a couple of times.

Homer

·
Registered
278 Posts
Spilled milk = cafe latte

It's just a joke.

Cafe latte means coffee with milk, but I find it anemic on an MO, esp. comapred to the black and aluminum combo.

On Altima, they call it blonde (as in "dumb"?).

Spilled milk is just my way of insulting the colour, even though it is a great choice for many (people and colours). If I lived in the south and had a white car, I would probably want the beige interior.

But I don't.

A white car disappears in a snow storm (a dangerous time to be invisible). I plan to limo tint the windows rear of the driver (not legal on driver or front window), and deep-tint the front-door windows. On my PF, it keeps a lot of the heat out. We only get sun here for a few days of the year (just kidding, but Canada is not Florida!).

·
Registered
278 Posts
Character lines

That's interesting what you said about the lines being more apparent with different paint colours, because MO is a vehicle the colour makes a big difference.

Each of the paint choices is almost like a different vehicle. Nothing looks quite like a silver MO. Black is definitely distinct, and I have a soft spot for the blue.

The white looks great on a Murano, better than on almost any other car. I often wonder why anyone would buy a white car, unless they like washing their car, and plan to sell it before any rust ever appears.

The only white MO I have ever seen looked VERY nice!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I guess we are getting off-topic, but what the hay...

The local dealers have only silver, pewter, white and a couple black. In May they had some Deep Bordeaux and Gold but those are gone now and it seems any new inventory has been special order or come in silver or white. One dealer indicated Silver was by far the most popular color. I noticed a custom order came in with mine, silver with the works and chrome rims.

I only mention this because of a theory that as we get to the end of the model year they are sending the most popular colors. I personally think the Murano colors choices are awesome and I am glad they did not come in red (makes me think Saturn or the Pontiac Vibe) and DEFINITELY glad it did not come in a forest green!!! There was a time a liked green with the tan interior, before I burned all my plaid flannel shirts :D

I think a matte black like on some Ducatti Motorcycles or this Honda 919 might be an interesting way to show off the curves/lines.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Copper, go to
http://www.prowleronline.com/story.php

and check out "1991" prowler.

That's the red I am most familiar with that I would reco for the MO.
It is the same color as my current 1997 Chrysler T&C LXI.

It's a pretty dark red and was sold as a "Candy Apple Red".

I just love it.

Understand about the latte. (Shrugs)

Yes, the paint color can make the MO look totally different.
I wouldn't buy a forest green either......but there is a color that some call green that changes under the lights and you can get into a helluva argument about whether it is blue or green. Some Vettes come with it.

In any event what we have is what we have.

BTW, pardon the URL but I saw no instructions on how to post a photo.
DON'T tell me that what we have here is a CAR FORUM that doesn't allow pix! ;>) That would be awful.

Really want to thank you guys for sharing. Some sites are very snobbish about talking and answering the new guys questions.

Homer

·
Registered
65 Posts
red

Well I do like that red. It looks even deeper in that second picture under 91. The one in the 92 photo is nice also, deeper yet (I know lighting is everything, so could be the same color?).

I have seen where they do an apple green, then a mist of candy apple red over it and it really deepens and pops. That would be interesting too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i would really like to see the 04 Murano's out with a DARK GREY exterior. it has become a really popular color on the a4's, jettas, cayennes, and x5s. i think it will suit the murano very well.

·
Registered
202 Posts
BTW, pardon the URL but I saw no instructions on how to post a photo.
DON'T tell me that what we have here is a CAR FORUM that doesn't allow pix! ;>) That would be awful.
You mean...like this? :D

Jeff

·
Registered
278 Posts
That's my kind of red!

The blue one on the right is exactly the kind of red I like.

·
Registered
66 Posts
dark gray

I would opt for a darker shade of gray or silver on the Murano. I am currently set on Black, but a darker luminous silver or gray would change my mind.

I wish the Sliver exterior came with a lighter shade of silver or gray on the interior leather seats. That charcoal black leather is just too damned hot in the summer. Especially in Texas.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ah come on Enforcer, that only makes me feel worse.
Having the right color on another car doesn't help.

OK, HOW did you post those pix. Don't worry about capturing them etc, I know how to do that.
How do I upload as part of my message.
Someday. I'm gonna want to post the pix of MY car.
(Although I have dilly dallied around and it won't be the Pewter at CarMax............. they sold it. Stinkers.

Homer

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
LOL!

Well, at least it's a Nissan paint and not a Chrysler paint. You could always buy a MO and have it painted whatever color you want.

When you go to post look below at Attach file: box. Click the browse button and search for the file you want to attach like a jpg. Be sure the file size is less than 102,400 bytes.

To link a jpg from another server use vbcode img tags.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts