Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

First and foremost thank you to this community for existing. I have a 2009 Nissan Murano S (base model?). It does not have a power liftgate / rear trunk (I don't have any rear trunk disable buttons in the glovebox or on the left side of the steering wheel hence confirming it is a base model). The rear trunk / liftgate / hatch is stuck closed and I'm unable to open it.

The rear lock actuator is this one:

I've searched online and looked through the different videos to see if it can be unlocked manually including popping off the the plastic panel inside and moving the lever to the right and pushing the hatch open as shown in this video:

Unfortunately I've had no luck with this and have tried multiple times to hold this open while pushing. Still stuck.

I've also tried disconnecting the battery for some time and reattaching it, however, believe this applies to the cars with the power lift gate and BCM?.

I'm thinking the internal components of the lock actuator broken and it's stuck closed -- manipulating the manually release lever (which I believe simply just turns the motor) isn't working.

Anyone with experience / thoughts on this? I've read the rear trunk / latch / liftgate are notorious for having issues. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE: I was able to figure out what was wrong after I purchased a new replacement unit. Basically what happened is the manual lever mechanism was off track. This happened because repetitive slamming and use of trunk bends the arm that swings to undo the mechanism to release the latch. This same mechanism is not only activated manually but also by the motor as well. The picture below shows the arm that moves/swings.

If you get in the same situation as I did, to open the trunk use a angled pick to hook to pull to open the latch release — when viewing it from inside the trunk, it’s to the left of the metal bracket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts