Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I just washed my 04 MO today. It was an automatic touchless. It did an undercarriage wash. When I pulled out the MO was smoking from under the hood. I thought it was just steam, so I ignored, when I got home it was still smoking. I opened the hood and it looked like coolent had dried on some parts of the radiator. I checked all the caps and they are on tight. There isn't any coolent on my garage floor either. I've attached a picture of the dried green liquid.

2nd, I was looking under the front to see if I saw any coolent and I noticed the center muffler was all dented in, probably happened while unloading from truck. What should I do?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Tell your dealer. See if you can get them to replace although I doubt the dent will cause any issues.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called them and they said they would replace it. If I would had hit something, it would have looked alot worse!

THanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts
mfreed said:
I opened the hood and it looked like coolent had dried on some parts of the radiator. I checked all the caps and they are on tight. There isn't any coolant on my garage floor either. I've attached a picture of the dried green liquid.
Well, this shouldn't be a problem. Simply ask your dealer if they added any coolant .If they did, ask them how accurate they were.
Even they have not added anything just keep an eye on the level of coolant and the temperature.

The front end of engine compartment of mine looks the same as above one.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Its possible the dried up green liquid was the soap/wax they spray at the carwash.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's what I was thinking. The car wash sprays the stuff and it gets through to something hot in the engine compartment. Lots of smoke (steam) snd dried bits of the stuff under the hood.

George

1 - 6 of 6 Posts